Gibson Brands Forums

J45 12 Fret K&K Test

Buc McMaster

Well, having installed the K&K this morning in the new geetar, had to do a test run. A bit bass heavy in the video.......might be the response of the Blue Yeti USB mic as it didn't sound quite so strong in the low end live.......EQ knob will fix that. An original tune from perhaps 2001 or so.........trying to work it back up for the set list.......suffers from a lack of harmonies!! In my usual three-chords-and-a-cloud-of-dust, boot scootin' style..............hurl fruits and veggies as the mood strikes.......I prefer peaches to apples!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRaJVHCji14

Empty Locket Fool The Bucster, 2001

She held that empty locket, then she slipped in in her pocket

She thought she heard him call her name as she walked out the door

If she could have just one wish it's only to forget

That picture she left lying on the floor

There was a time when their love was, but like the summer does

It faded into memories and one last photograph

And though she knows he was wrong, still she must go on

And she stumbles on that heartache in her path

When the lights go out and she's all alone

She's drifting in time trying to wish him back home

Someday she's gonna let him go but for now she's livin' in blue

And he'll always be her empty locket fool

There's no more smiling face, her reflection's in it's place

And in those eyes she sees the things that he could never find

Should you ask her now what love is all about

She'd hope you'd find your answer in her eyes

Nothing wrong with 3 chords and a cloud of dust, from you Buc. That sounded really nice and love the song. Get with BK or EA with some talk of the Boss unit they use and that will get you some good harmonies supposedly. But you do very well without in my opinion.

Thanks for the nice bounce! That 12 fretter sounds great in your hands. I tried to tune down a half step like you suggested and it didn't work for me but it sure works for you. I think it's a case of different strokes for different folks and me playing with bare fingers. I think. Good writing too.

Nice one, Buc. That geetar should outta be a real keeper (but I won't hold my breath). You been goin' through them Gibson boxes like as if they was the ladies of misspent youth😂

Hey oldCowboy...what parts of Indiana?

Hey oldCowboy...what parts of Indiana?

I'm @ 6 miles below the Indiana/Michigan line, south of Sturgis MI, and about the same distance north of Lagrange IN. Puts me about an hour's driving from Kalamazoo (the Gibson nest), Fort Wayne IN, and South Bend, depending on the direction. Miss Austin a lot, but - ah, well. Why you ask? And, by the way, welcome to the Gibson Saloon!

I'm @ 6 miles below the Indiana/Michigan line, south of Sturgis MI, and about the same distance north of Lagrange IN. Puts me about an hour's driving from Kalamazoo (the Gibson nest), Fort Wayne IN, and South Bend, depending on the direction. Miss Austin a lot, but - ah, well. Why you ask? And, by the way, welcome to the Gibson Saloon!

Thank you sir...I am 25miles South of South Bend! 59 miles from Sweetwater in Ft wayne....lol...if you are ever down this way on the first or third Wednesday stop by the open mic at Wild Rose Moon in Plymouth! Glad to be here....

Thank you sir...I am 25miles South of South Bend! 59 miles from Sweetwater in Ft wayne....lol...if you are ever down this way on the first or third Wednesday stop by the open mic at Wild Rose Moon in Plymouth! Glad to be here....

Cool. Thanks for the invite - will let you know if/when☺

Archived