Gibson Brands Forums

Black Country Communion - "Collide"

Rabs

And new album and tour..

Black Country Communion have announced that their long-awaited fourth album will be out later this year.

The lineup of vocalist and bassist Glenn Hughes, drummer Jason Bonham, keyboardist Derek Sherinian and guitarist and vocalist Joe Bonamassa will release BCCIV on September 22 via Mascot Records.

It will be their first album since 2013’s Afterglow and comes after they announced their comeback in April last year after disbanding shortly after the release of their third album due to differing career priorities between Hughes and Bonamassa.

Bonamassa says: “I just felt the time was right for Black Country Communion to go back into the studio and write and record a new album.

“When I contacted Glenn, Derek and Jason, they immediately agreed to give it shot. The timing was right.”

Hughes adds: “We had around four months to write this album and I think the results speak for themselves.

“All four of us wanted to make a record that stood up to the first three albums, however, the new album is more of a progression as we wanted to be careful not to repeat the previous albums."

He continues: "A lot has happened since we last recorded Aferglow, so, in many ways, the new album shows Black Country Communion with a much harder, riffier and bigger and bolder sound. If you’re looking for a folk album, this ain’t the one.”

The band have also confirmed that they’ll play two UK shows in early January in support of the record. They’ll perform at Wolverhampton’s Civic Hall on January 2 and London’s Hammersmith Apollo on January 4.

And new album and tour..

Black Country Communion have announced that their long-awaited fourth album will be out later this year.

The lineup of vocalist and bassist Glenn Hughes, drummer Jason Bonham, keyboardist Derek Sherinian and guitarist and vocalist Joe Bonamassa will release BCCIV on September 22 via Mascot Records.

It will be their first album since 2013's Afterglow and comes after they announced their comeback in April last year after disbanding shortly after the release of their third album due to differing career priorities between Hughes and Bonamassa.

Bonamassa says: "I just felt the time was right for Black Country Communion to go back into the studio and write and record a new album.

"When I contacted Glenn, Derek and Jason, they immediately agreed to give it shot. The timing was right."

Hughes adds: "We had around four months to write this album and I think the results speak for themselves.

"All four of us wanted to make a record that stood up to the first three albums, however, the new album is more of a progression as we wanted to be careful not to repeat the previous albums."

He continues: "A lot has happened since we last recorded Aferglow, so, in many ways, the new album shows Black Country Communion with a much harder, riffier and bigger and bolder sound. If you're looking for a folk album, this ain't the one."

The band have also confirmed that they'll play two UK shows in early January in support of the record. They'll perform at Wolverhampton's Civic Hall on January 2 and London's Hammersmith Apollo on January 4.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u62HT0mqo9I

Good to see them making another go of it.

Tickets for London Apollo are at least £85; I'm tempted...

You know what this band really needs? Songs! I dug the first album for awhile but none of the songs really held up for me, so I tired of it quickly - a lot of them sound the same. So much talent there, but the songs are just... meh.

You know what this band really needs? Songs! I dug the first album for awhile but none of the songs really held up for me, so I tired of it quickly - a lot of them sound the same. So much talent there, but the songs are just... meh.

Yeah its a bit Zeppliny..... not particularly original...

Yeah its a bit Zeppliny..... not particularly original...

[laugh] ... I *LIKE* that term -

I'd probably just say 'contrived'.

I actually like the riff - but then there is nothing. The verses just kinda hang there over the wash of keyboards and the chorus is just blah. Choruses are not supposed to be blah. That song is a waste of Glen Hughes that's for sure - and I'm a huge fan of his.

I submit these songs for comparison...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHRjMXQg7xc

well, I kinda like it, but have to agree that it's probably not among their best work, to date

This one song does have some of the same feel from some cuts off the last album, Afterglow.. (which Glenn wrote most of it, if my memory serves me well).

I'd like to hear more of the this album all the same.

Archived