Gibson Brands Forums

A new record peeps out into the light of day...

Jinder

Hi all, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post overt links to my music here but I have a new album out...it's a bluesy beast loads of luxuriant Gibson action on it in the form of my Dove and '67 J45. It's available to buy on CD from my website and all the usual places (I won't post sales links for the CD) but you can also stream it here:

Spotify

iTunes

https://itun.es/gb/zDwdlb

Amazon MP3

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B073X2C7QZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_F3VEzbG698RRN

Would love to know your thoughts!

Thanks for listening and for the kind words guys! Yeah it's hard to spread the word without sounding like I'm being some sort of musical pimp. It's not a big commercial effort or anything, I just made a record around a handful of traditional songs I love and wrote some more as companion pieces. Ironically, for a low-key labour of love style record, it's done surprisingly well on blues radio and is being played by 150+ stations all over the place. I never expected that, especially as my last couple of albums have flown under the radar pretty much entirely with radio, but this is the first full-on roots record I've made since 2006, the others in between being folky singer/songwriterly efforts, and rootsy/bluesy stuff seems to be increasingly popular at the min!

Loved what I heard on the Amazon samples page and very much look forward to checking it out on Spotify later today.

The pricing on Amazon is confusing ... buying the CD that includes an mp3 download is 25% less than just buying the download?

Oh, and great cover art!

Thanks for listening and for the kind words guys! Yeah it's hard to spread the word without sounding like I'm being some sort of musical pimp. It's not a big commercial effort or anything, I just made a record around a handful of traditional songs I love and wrote some more as companion pieces. Ironically, for a low-key labour of love style record, it's done surprisingly well on blues radio and is being played by 150+ stations all over the place. I never expected that, especially as my last couple of albums have flown under the radar pretty much entirely with radio, but this is the first full-on roots record I've made since 2006, the others in between being folky singer/songwriterly efforts, and rootsy/bluesy stuff seems to be increasingly popular at the min!

You've some lungs jinder

Nice guitar playing in there , apart from the Townes album , this is my favourite of yours

How's that pan out financially with it being covers ? Is the purpose of making the cd to sell at gigs ?

Interested in the money making side of things

I understand if it's none of my god damn business 😂

Took a good listen to the whole album while putting things away and round the house. Made the experience so much more enjoyable when my foot was tapping around and head bobbing, thanks for that !

Man, this really seperates the men from the boys on this forum. I dig it on many levels. Your style has changes, more blues n' whiskey, before you were more folky, werent you Jinder ?

The slide, very, very tasty and also the production is quality, while you domonstrate why Gibsons are the best guitars in the world.

Would love to know which Gibbys you used on which tracks.

Real good work Jinder.

I had a listen and I have to agree with what has been said above. This is fantastic stuff. Your playing and singing is top notch.

I would very much like to know a little bit more about how this was recorded, and also, if you don't mind, how do you plan to market yourself and your album. I'd be interesting to get some insight into the business side of things, for a complete hack like myself.

Lars

P.S. curios to know why you changed the word "highway" for "Sunday" in White Freightliner Blues?

Thanks all!

Lars, the change of word in White Freightliner was due to one of my daughters mis-hearing Townes' version and asking me why he was going out on Sunday...I loved the slightly surreal aspect of the change so stuck with it ☺️

Guitar wise, Great Plains is a Regal RC51 Tricone with a National Slimline pickup (both the acoustic reso parts and the distorted lead), my '67 J45 and my Squier VM Jazz bass. Up On The Edge is the Regal again, In The Pines the Regal, White Freightliner the Dove, Brother Can You Spare A Dime the Regal, Woke Up This Morning the Dove and Regal, Cocaine Lil the Dove, Bluebird Wine the Dove and J45, Automobile Blues the Regal and Sooner Or Later was recorded a couple of years back with my old Kalamazoo KG-21 archtop.

Lars, the change of word in White Freightliner was due to one of my daughters mis-hearing Townes' version and asking me why he was going out on Sunday...I loved the slightly surreal aspect of the change so stuck with it ☺️

That's wonderful! You can tell your grandchildren that story one day when you play the song. It will surely put a smile on your daughter's face.

Lars

That's wonderful! You can tell your grandchildren that story one day when you play the song. It will surely put a smile on your daughter's face.

Lars

I hope so!! My girls often say funny little things that end up in songs, I love that sort of musical diary keeping.

You are a true talent and I hope you make millions.

We are given talents, and if we use them to bring pleasure to others I think it only right that we are rewarded.

Some people make fortunes doing things they don't even enjoy, and actually hate.

Also.......

The fact that we CAN pimp ourselves a little on this site without a SINGLE complaint, or person screaming "spam" shows what a high class group of people are actually members of this Forum.

We're freaking AWESOME.......

You are a true talent and I hope you make millions.

We are given talents, and if we use them to bring pleasure to others I think it only right that we are rewarded.

Some people make fortunes doing things they don't even enjoy, and actually hate.

Also.......

The fact that we CAN pimp ourselves a little on this site without a SINGLE complaint, or person screaming "spam" shows what a high class group of people are actually members of this Forum.

We're freaking AWESOME.......

Absolutely agree with the quality of the people here, Murph! And thanks for the kind words ☺️

Pimping? I don't think so. You're a long-time member who contributes regularly and is generous with your insights and support. That you happen to make fabulous music for a living doesn't disqualify you from talking about it here; how dumb would that be?

I'm really enjoying your project--it's a winner, through and through. Congrats on all of it, but mostly--thanks for sharing!!

Pimping? I don't think so. You're a long-time member who contributes regularly and is generous with your insights and support. That you happen to make fabulous music for a living doesn't disqualify you from talking about it here; how dumb would that be?

I'm really enjoying your project--it's a winner, through and through. Congrats on all of it, but mostly--thanks for sharing!!

Thanks so much Anne! I loved your album you shared recently too. Is yours out on general release yet?

Archived