Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Inspired by 1964 Texan Natural battery question

Richie321

I am not familiar with the battery placement on an Inspired by Texan, but I am wondering if it might be the same placement as on my EL-00 Pro because I was a bit perplexed on where the battery was on it, when I first got it. On the EL-00 it is inside the soundhole in a little pouch towards the neck on the underside of the guitar's top. The little pouch is stickied to the underside of the top and the pouch just pulls off so it can come out of the soundhole to change the battery inside of it. Once changed, the pouch with the new battery just put in it, then just gets restuck back inside the guitar to the underside of the top where it was.

I can't say whether or not that is where it is on your guitar. But, I am thinking maybe it might be if you can't find it.

So I thought I'd offer this possibility.

QM aka Jazzman Jeff

I am not familiar with the battery placement on an Inspired by Texan, but I am wondering if it might be the same placement as on my EL-00 Pro because I was a bit perplexed on where the battery was on it, when I first got it. On the EL-00 it is inside the soundhole in a little pouch towards the neck on the underside of the guitar's top. The little pouch is stickied to the underside of the top and the pouch just pulls off so it can come out of the soundhole to change the battery inside of it. Once changed, the pouch with the new battery just put in it, then just gets restuck back inside the guitar to the underside of the top where it was.

I can't say whether or not that is where it is on your guitar. But, I am thinking maybe it might be if you can't find it.

So I thought I'd offer this possibility.

QM aka Jazzman Jeff

Hi jeff thank you for that i will have a look cheers for your help

Richie

Hi does anyone know how you cbange the battery on these guitars and if possible can you show me a picture.

As i cant work it out .thank you

Richie

I don't own a Texan but always thought the pickup used 2 lithium batteries like the ones used to power watches. I think they may be located in the controls in the soundhole.

Those fishman battery pouches inside guitars that Martin and Epiphone are using aren't a great idea as they are fiddly to get at if you run out during a performance...

My EL-00 Pro uses a 9 volt inside the pouch.

My Fishman Soundhole Humbucker pickup that I interchange between guitars uses 2 small round watch/electronic batteries that are attached to the pickup.

Other guitars I own have 9v battery cases outside of the guitars as part of the mechanism implanted into the side wood of the guitar.

They are all a pain if the battery dies during a gig, but the side one is easiest. Best way is to remember to reasonably regularly change batteries ahead of the end of their life span, of course.

QM aka Jazzman Jeff

Archived