Gibson Brands Forums

"Got No Use For You"

BluesKing777

Woke up this morning and I have been playing lots of open tuning things all week and I just thought: "How many GADS can I do DAD?" and grabbed the nearest guitar in normal (ish) tuning and launched into a slow blues, and then I thought I better tape it, so....

My solo acoustic/vocal version of a T Bone Walker tune called "Got No Use For You", no mine is probably more sirloin than T Bone>>>>some may say Chuck steak....played on my Martin OM18 Authentic with guitar and vocal through the Neumann KM 184 > mixer > iMac.

https://soundcloud.com/bk7-3/gotnouseforyou7

BluesKing777.

Lovely guitar...does it have chicken pox?

Could do....

It IS alive, if I look one time it is white, others black, or just like a purple spotted Squid!

If I sing, it goes puke green and if I yell...poison purple. If the Better Half comes past, it turns pinkish, but if the phone rings it goes dark green.

And I was looking away at the desk and out of the corner of my eye, I saw it........move.

True!

But the spots are a cloud of insects rising in the garden as I took photos.....

BluesKing777.

That was super.Playing and vocals.

Martin can do a good burst after all.That's a wonderful looking as well as sounding guitar.

You can tell a guy who plays a lot of blues when he starts his post with

"woke up this morning" [biggrin]

Thanks FB!

"Yeah, woke up this morning, looked around for my shoes and the wife had put dog turds and tacks in them before she left and took a snooze in the big house with the new lock" Something like that... [mellow]

And I think this guitar is played in nicely now. Torrefied adi top plus Tonerite and now a year and a half of playing!

BluesKing777.

Archived