Gibson Brands Forums

nice guitar straps

j45nick

Yeah, I've been away for some time, cruising on my boat along the downeast coast of Maine. We went to a small but high-end arts and crafts show in Northeast Harbor yesterday, and I stumbled onto this leatherworker who does pretty awesome straps. These are all leather, and are padded on the inside--soft leather or suede over foam.

She's not a player, but gets a lot of input from players of all types, both acoustic and electric.

She has a new strap--not yet on here website--that is contoured, rather than straight, which would be particularly good on a guitar with the strap fitted at the neck heel rather than at the headstock.

She also does matching belts, which have a leather flap covering the buckle so that there is no risk of buckle rash for you cowpokes that like big leather belts.

nice straps

You won't hear much from me until sometime in October, which is probably a good thing.

Just wondering if you passed any desert islands and in case yes, which guitars were on them.

Very competent leather-work there - classic post 1969 style.

I would bring one of them out to the isle and give it some coconut-grease.

T'would suit the Martin or J-45 better than the fliers.

Those look pretty nice, Nick! For a heavy guitar like a Les Paul I think a padded strap is appropriate but for acoustic guitar I prefer single layer leather like those from Moxie & Oliver. I've got three of these and they are lovely......very simple construction with some unusual artwork burned and painted onto them.

Enjoy your water adventures and be safe out there!

Wayyyyyy tooooo pricey for a guitar strap for me.

I prefer the cheap polyester cloth kind with a plastic slide adjustor and soft plastic at the ends the strap for $4.99 or $5.99 that are simply functional. All my guitars have them. Nothing wrong with much more fancier or expensive straps, just not for me.

Just my .01 on the subject.

QM aka Jazzman Jeff

I immediately thought "Les Paul" when I saw them, although they would work well with my eight-pound ES 335 as well. She does make some lighter ones as well.

In any case, I thought of the Old Cowpoke when I saw the belts....

I'm a Walker & Williams guy through and through. They make padded and non-padded straps from rockabilly to hippie style--great to go on any kind of vintage Gibson without looking too busy.

Best part? They seldom cost more than $40.

c27main-510x600.jpg

I immediately thought "Les Paul" when I saw them, although they would work well with my eight-pound ES 335 as well. She does make some lighter ones as well.

In any case, I thought of the Old Cowpoke when I saw the belts....

Spent a bit more time looking at the straps (and belts😁), and they do indeed call my name. Don't much intend to use a padded strap, though, so will have to contact the lady if/when the spirit is upon me to do some adding to the strap and belt collection(s).😒

Those W&W straps are great; I've got a couple of them. You sure can't beat the price; best strap value out there.

My favorite strap is an old made-in-Mexico hand cut and tooled strap from the late 70's. I love unique straps but every time I go looking the prices they charge these days scare me off [scared] !

Those W&W straps are great; I've got a couple of them. You sure can't beat the price; best strap value out there.

My favorite strap is an old made-in-Mexico hand cut and tooled strap from the late 70's. I love unique straps but every time I go looking the prices they charge these days scare me off [scared] !

For what they charge these days, them cows must be gettin' rich!

Archived