Gibson Brands Forums

Shameless Self Promotion

bayoubengal1954

Here is a link to an article that is posted on the online version of a New Orleans magazine called Offbeat. It is a humorous take by Laura DeFazio on an "Epic Two City Tour of Mississippi" that I played last month with my friend Bob Worth. It really shows the "glamorous" life of Journeymen Musicians (and Music Writers). If you feel so inclined, you may find giving it a read entertaining.

http://www.offbeat.com/news/epic-two-city-mississippi-mini-tour/

Fantastic in-depth piece. He's a funny writer, and obviously has affection for you both.

I loved the part where Bob describes playing in Mississippi... a Redneck song, where he fears they may not get the nuance. "We'll die".

I always like your stuff Pat. The album I downloaded is in my current playlist.

Ps great J50 photo at the beginning...

Fantastic in-depth piece. He's a funny writer, and obviously has affection for you both.

I loved the part where Bob describes playing in Mississippi... a Redneck song, where he fears they may not get the nuance. "We'll die".

I always like your stuff Pat. The album I downloaded is in my current playlist.

Ps great J50 photo at the beginning...

Thanks, Sal. Just one correction...the writer is a she. Laura is an interesting young woman here in New Orleans...bartender, music writer and radio show host on a community radio station. Bob's comment about watching what you play in Mississippi was pretty funny.

Awesome!

Drunk on the floor in the Days Inn.....

Been there.

Man, I was in Lake Charles a few weeks ago, but it was a rush trip. I shoulda tried to look you up.

I wish you the very best, my friend.

Awesome!

Drunk on the floor in the Days Inn.....

Been there.

Man, I was in Lake Charles a few weeks ago, but it was a rush trip. I shoulda tried to look you up.

I wish you the very best, my friend.

Murph-- I actually live in New Orleans but play in Lake Charles once a month. Maybe we could meet one day in Lafayette. 😀

Yep. I remember that.

I took 55 through Mississippi to 12, then East to 10 through Baton Rouge, to Lake Charles.

It'll probably be another 2 years before I get back down, but will keep you in mind FOR SURE.

[thumbup]

Archived