Gibson Guitar Board: 2.72 Crashes when loading tracks - Gibson Guitar Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2.72 Crashes when loading tracks

#1 User is offline   bodhi1320 

• Group: Members

Posted 07 August 2017 - 06:09 PM

2.72 crashes when loading tracks. I run Mac OS X Sierra.

For example, I will load a track in from either the internal browser or the Finder window and it will crash immediately.

There is a way I made it stop crashing. Say I have four tracks open. I will load it into track one, then it will crash, then after reopening the program every time I will load into track one it wont crash. I will load it then into track two, then it will crash, then reopen and load into track three, crash, then load into track four, then crash. After this, no more crashes and it is somehow stabilized.

I haven't seen any others post this problem in the forum, which is strange to me.

I saved one of the crash logs; attached.

~Bodhi

#2 User is offline   Luis Serrano 

• Group: Gibson Pro Audio

Posted 08 August 2017 - 04:43 AM

Thanks for the report Bodhi. Could you attach again the crash log?

#3 User is offline   bodhi1320 

Posted 21 October 2017 - 08:01 PM

Attached File  Deckadance Crash.rtf (64.92K)
Number of downloads: 3

View PostLuis Serrano, on 08 August 2017 - 04:43 AM, said:

Thanks for the report Bodhi. Could you attach again the crash log?

#4 User is offline   Luis Serrano 

Posted 26 October 2017 - 10:56 AM

Thanks for the crash log. It looks like that this crash was caused when DD tried to read the song ID3 tags. I just continue investigating it.

#5 User is offline   bodhi1320 

Posted 27 October 2017 - 06:57 PM

View PostLuis Serrano, on 26 October 2017 - 10:56 AM, said:

Thanks for the crash log. It looks like that this crash was caused when DD tried to read the song ID3 tags. I just continue investigating it.

If I remember correctly there were previous versions of Deckadance that had this same problem. It happens with all sorts of file extensions. I see you have a new version coming out (2.73). Would be great if you implemented a fix! Thanks!!!

#6 User is offline   bodhi1320 

Posted 27 October 2017 - 07:23 PM

Here is another crash log from today:

Attached File(s)

#7 User is offline   Luis Serrano 

Posted 01 November 2017 - 04:50 AM

View Postbodhi1320, on 27 October 2017 - 06:57 PM, said:

If I remember correctly there were previous versions of Deckadance that had this same problem. It happens with all sorts of file extensions. I see you have a new version coming out (2.73). Would be great if you implemented a fix! Thanks!!!

Working on it, I don't think that it's the same problem than previous versions but someway related. I cannot reproduce the crash here. Could you attach one of the songs that always causes you a crash?

#8 User is offline   Geeso 

Posted 01 November 2017 - 03:02 PM

Hi I have bought deckadance 2.72DVS edition recently for $79 . I have a behringer CMDstudio4A. The programme keeps crashing when I am loading tracks.
Need a solution urgently please. I am running the Dj software on an HP probook6570b i3 2.40GHZ 8gb ram with windows8.1pro 64bit

#9 User is offline   Luis Serrano 

Posted 01 November 2017 - 03:42 PM

View PostGeeso, on 01 November 2017 - 03:02 PM, said:

Hi I have bought deckadance 2.72DVS edition recently for $79 . I have a behringer CMDstudio4A. The programme keeps crashing when I am loading tracks.
Need a solution urgently please. I am running the Dj software on an HP probook6570b i3 2.40GHZ 8gb ram with windows8.1pro 64bit

Let's going to see what happens when you update the controller drivers (....replied in the other thread). I have the feeling that your problem is different to the one reported by Bodhi.

#10 User is offline   bodhi1320 

Posted 01 November 2017 - 08:43 PM

View PostLuis Serrano, on 01 November 2017 - 04:50 AM, said:

Working on it, I don't think that it's the same problem than previous versions but someway related. I cannot reproduce the crash here. Could you attach one of the songs that always causes you a crash?

Its pointless because the same track will load fine the next time I open the program. Hence, the way I fix the problem to have it not crash on me during performance is to load a track in each channel until it crashes, which it usually does once per channel (meaning I must open the program a total of 5 times to get it to stabilize; 4 to crash, 5th times a charm). Notably this does not happen everytime, and with all this in mind it is most likely some error with the program reading the file tag (i.e. ID3, etc.) that it has to work through and store the solution in its cache (maybe?).

While I have your attention, I would also like to suggest a few items to add for the next version, if possible. Ive used Deckadance since it came out and actually used to be a beta tester for it. Ive performed internationally for several years.

·Include the ability to take channel off crossfader by selecting letter A or B to turn off

·Have ability to add 3rd party plugs on channel 3 and 4

·Assignable tap button for bpm calculation

and of course reinclude ability to run MIDI files hahaha, but I realize this a problem in the past best solved by removing the feature, just had to ask ;b

#11 User is offline   Geeso 

Posted 01 November 2017 - 09:29 PM

It happens when loading different songs i havent really found a specific song that always makes it crash. I am creating playlists for my gigs so as I go through the folders on my internal hard drive and select a song to players a or b it will suddenly crash.But if I go back to the song that made it crash it will load perfectly. Not sure way is the cause.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users