Gibson Brands Forums

BluesKing777 Playing Blues on his Blues King. Ha!

BluesKing777

thanks KC and RBP!

The Irig Acoustic stage is a development from the earlier iRig mic which plugged direct to a phone, by adding a preamp with some functions to help live playing:

But I raced out and bought the only one in my country, I think, after seeing the first part of Willy's playing here:

And a big HOORAY!!! as it makes the guitar sound like.....aha aha...guess what? An Acoustic Guitar instead of a Strat or Tele or a Duck or a Ripping Art! [thumbup]

And I am very pleased a few months down the road! Can someone buy one and road test it for us?

[thumbup]

BluesKing777.

Thanks very much, KW and Murph!

I did flub a few little bits and I blame the narrower nut and skilnnier neck! :rolleyes:

But I am happy with the recording with the iRig, not my top mic and never will be but I like it way more than quacky pickups. And it is just so easy to use.

BluesKing777.

Thanks for your replies, glad you liked it!

Listening back again, I can hear that I could eq the mic gadget a bit - but the recording above was straight out of the box, eq flat. But generally, very happy with it. Recording direct to a mixer desk is very different sound than playing though amp and speakers.

The BK has a Baggs Element that came with it - I could also run a lead from the endpin plug to the iRig Aux plug and there is a 'mix' control and phase control to balance them out together - very handy for the louder gig, echoey hall and ...eeek...playing with a drummer <_< The undersaddle gives it the guts and the mic gives it some air. Pretty cool if you are using an amp or only have one channel, but I could run each output to a sep channel on my mixer...... More experimenting to come.......like I said, sounds good in an amp but not much when you record it, don't know why really. [mellow]

BluesKing777.

Always wanted to say that!

Recorded a quick little bluesy thing on the Blues King L-00 with the iRig Acoustic stage mic direct to my mixer and iMac.

I am really enjoying the iRig setup - slip it in the soundhole of any guitar I pick up and....go:

I really enjoyed that. Thanks!

https://soundcloud.com/bk7-3/bk-irigtest7b

BluesKing777.

Thanks Gruff!

I recorded another track with the BK's Baggs plugged to the iRig preamp as discussed above. First piece of the track is just Baggs and quacks, next is just the iRig mic, next is a mix of both iRig and Element in the iRig preamp and next I played a similar tune to the one above.......

So to be clear: 1 Baggs, 2 iRig, 3 mix of both, 4 blues tune...

https://soundcloud.com/bk7-3/bk-irigtest7c

BluesKing777.

Archived