Gibson Brands Forums

Pickup Switch Toggle Doesn't Lock In Treble

Tatanka

Guitar is 1973 Gibson LP Deluxe. I have to either take off plastic knob or loosen it some from switches pole in order for it to lock into place for Treble play. I noticed not much thread of switch sticks out of body. Nut is barely on a few starting threads.

[post-76823-023806200 1502256641_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Several guitars of mine from the same era do the same thing. I thought maybe the round cavity could be cut about 1/16 deeper allowing you to screw the switch up higher, that would solve the problem, but I never pursued it...........

Several guitars of mine from the same era do the same thing. I thought maybe the round cavity could be cut about 1/16 deeper allowing you to screw the switch up higher, that would solve the problem, but I never pursued it...........

Guitar is 1973 Gibson LP Deluxe. I have to either take off plastic knob or loosen it some from switches pole in order for it to lock into place for Treble play. I noticed not much thread of switch sticks out of body. Nut is barely on a few starting threads.

[post-76823-023806200 1502256641_thumb.jpg

As Grog mentioned in needs to sit a little higher to clear the washer nut on top. There maybe another washer inside the cavity on top of the switch. My 87 LP did this when new and in that case there was a washer that when removed allowed the switch to sit higher and fully engage.

Hope that helps.

Johnny

Archived