Gibson Brands Forums

Crestwood Telecaster

MichaelT

A friend of mine at work is looking to either fix up or sell her Crestwood Telecaster. I'm not able to find any for sale online to get pricing for her. I'm seeing a few Strat copies new and used. I'm guessing she might be able to get $50.00 - $75.00 for it as is, since it has a couple cracks at the neck join on the body. It's a bolt on neck. The nut is also broken near the edge on the 6th string. I told her that if she really likes it and the electronics all work, if the neck isn't terrible or loose from the cracks, she could fix it up a little for less than $100.00 but would only increase the value about $25.00. That's just my guess, based on the inexpensive guitar and brand. I told her she can get a brand new Squier Tele for about $200.00 and sent her links.

What do y'all think? Is that about right?

She brought the guitar in today and it seems like a player to me. It's inexpensive, needs new strings and a decent setup. I'm going to take it home, restring it, set it up and check everything out. The neck isn't bad, it has a good weight to it, frets look good, finish looks pretty good. I'm going to suggest she keep it and if she still wants to sell it, I might buy it for the right price, if it sounds good too.

Archived