Finger picking or plectrum strumming

String action will rise with a higher gauge set

Trial and error will provide the answer

If money is no object.....suggest a tech looks at the neck before and after

The other consideration is bridge height

V

:-({|=

lol

My first thought (sorry to answer a question w/a question😨) is to ask what you hope to obtain by going up.

I just wondered if it would be worth giving it ago. But im guessing from your tone you think id be wasting my time and id not notice anything .i.ll be honest i wondered if by using 13s id get a more bassier sound.but im completely fine staying with 12s if it will make no difference what so ever. At the end of the day its all about trying

No harm im that is there??

I don't believe any harm will come to your guitar from this kind of experiment. Elixr has HD sets that are supposed to offer some of what you might be looking for.

Elixr HD sets.

I think 13s would be a bit too much wire for my hands and how I play, but for you could be worth a shot, don't know till ya try.

I don't believe any harm will come to your guitar from this kind of experiment. Elixr has HD sets that are supposed to offer some of what you might be looking for.

Elixr HD sets.

I think 13s would be a bit too much wire for my hands and how I play, but for you could be worth a shot, don't know till ya try.

cheers

I just wondered if it would be worth giving it ago. But im guessing from your tone you think id be wasting my time and id not notice anything .i.ll be honest i wondered if by using 13s id get a more bassier sound.but im completely fine staying with 12s if it will make no difference what so ever. At the end of the day its all about trying

No harm im that is there??

Didn't mean to sound skeptical - just asking if you were after a specific result, 'cause sometimes that can be done in more than one way. No reason you shouldn't have a try with mediums, and I wouldn't expect any harm to come to the guitar from the experiment. If you're looking for more bass, you'll probably know right away whether that's happening or not. I use lights on my LG-1, and substitute a medium low E string for similar reasons. ☺

Didn't mean to sound skeptical - just asking if you were after a specific result, 'cause sometimes that can be done in more than one way. No reason you shouldn't have a try with mediums, and I wouldn't expect any harm to come to the guitar from the experiment. If you're looking for more bass, you'll probably know right away whether that's happening or not. I use lights on my LG-1, and substitute a medium low E string for similar reasons. ☺

No worries

Hi im thinking about jumping from 12-53 to 13-56 if i do will i need to ajust my trust rod or will i get away with leave it . When i tune to standard tuning???

Thanks Richie

Back to the original question. 13s will put a bit more relief in the neck. You can just ignore any small change in string height, which along with the heavier strings will make fretting harder, or you can give the truss rod a clockwise 1/8 turn to pull it back. Depending on how much the strings have increased the relief you may need to tweak the truss rod a touch more. Don't be afraid, it's good experience to be able to adjust the guitar. Mind you, if you snap the neck, I didn't advise you. Kidding!!! it takes more than the odd eighth turn to do any harm.

Back to the original question. 13s will put a bit more relief in the neck. You can just ignore any small change in string height, which along with the heavier strings will make fretting harder, or you can give the truss rod a clockwise 1/8 turn to pull it back. Depending on how much the strings have increased the relief you may need to tweak the truss rod a touch more. Don't be afraid, it's good experience to be able to adjust the guitar. Mind you, if you snap the neck, I didn't advise you. Kidding!!! it takes more than the odd eighth turn to do any harm. Hi mate thanks so so i may get away with not having to touch the trust rod??

Hi guys after listening to every bodys advise and help

Wich i really do appreciate

I have desided to just stay with 12/53s. Im sure id probably not make any harm to the guitar like ive already been told but im thinking ive only had the guitar 2 wks really and i got to thinking id rather not do any alterrations to it .it was my idea but .after a good think. I thought to myself would i really notice that much difference. I then thought about 12/54s but again pointless really . id no doubt hear even less difference than i would with 13s 😕 so i.ll just stay with the 12/53s .thanks for all the help. I do appreciate it

Richie

Archived