• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sigma J45 clone

#1 User is offline   Mickthemiller 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Members
  • LocationYorkshire UK

Posted 11 August 2017 - 08:59 AM

If you're looking for a very good J45 clone, look here http://www.acousticg...d=1#post5440706

#2 User is offline   Dodger11 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationBelfast

Posted 11 August 2017 - 09:27 AM

View PostMickthemiller, on 11 August 2017 - 08:59 AM, said:

If you're looking for a very good J45 clone, look here http://www.acousticg...d=1#post5440706

Alright Mick - hope you're well

Played both this and the slightly lower end model in a local shop and was impressed. Very nice guitar and very similar to the J45. I'm still on the Harley Bentons - just bought the auditorium one (CLA-28VE) and have done 3 gigs with it already. Really impressed with the HB custom line guitars - a lot of guitar for little money - and probably made side by side to Sigma judging by the looks of other models.

Hardly playing my Epiphone at all now - probably because I strung it with EXP16s and they don't suit. both my HBs have these strings and sound great but elixirs suit the Epi better and I think 11s suit better too.
EJ160E, AJ100, LP100

#3 User is offline   Mickthemiller 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationYorkshire UK

Posted 11 August 2017 - 10:00 AM

Hi Dodger, yes we all seem to go our own ways from Epiphones. I sold my AJ45me a while back. That was after I had bought a J15 and then a couple of Eastmans and a few Martins. I look in here once in a while to see what's occurring but there are no Epiphones that have caught my eye lately. Nice to see you are gigging and that you having good experiences with HBs. Last HB I bought was the uke bass. It has rubber strings but sounds really quite good. I keep intending to do some recording but other things grab my attention. This Sigma has really surprised me, laminate b&s guitars, like you said about the HB, can produce a very nice tone. Cheers
Just took a look at the CLA-28VE. I quite fancy the non electric one. A rosewood OM would be a welcome addition to my collection. Now what can I sell? One in one out rule applying at present!

#4 User is offline   Dodger11 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationBelfast

Posted 11 August 2017 - 01:55 PM

Can't recommend the CLA28 enough Mick - they are bringing on out with walnut b&s too soon. Doesn't your J15 have this combination?

The CLA is shallow but produces a great mid range sound - love mine already. Better than a Taylor GS Mini or Martin 000x1ae and a third of the price. Beautiful to look at - very faithful copy of the Martin 00028v but tenth of the price
EJ160E, AJ100, LP100

#5 User is offline   Nyghthawk 

• LocationEast Texas

Posted 14 August 2017 - 10:37 AM

Sigma also makes a very nice Hummingbird clone. DM-SG5. Wish these new Sigmas were being import in the US. The only stores I've seen carrying them are Canadian. I'm not sure they could send it to me here if I tried to purchase one. :(

#6 User is offline   QuestionMark 

• Advanced Member

Posted 14 August 2017 - 09:22 PM

There is some prohibited ability for Sigmas to currently be distributed in the US for a restricted period of time. Stems from the CF Martin Company used to own all rights to the Sigma brand, but then got out of Sigma business, but due to an oversight of some kind never released their rights to the brand name and distribution of Sigmas in the US, although they did so in the rest of the world...thinking the brand was dead. When the new Sigmas started being produced and distributed, US distributors of Sigma from the Martin ownership days balked (as I assume so did the Martin Company) with the outcome in court being the new non-Martin Sigmas could not be distributed in the US for a certain period of time (not forever). But, that period will eventually lapse and then the new Sigma brand will be distributed in the US. Or something like that. (It's a legal thang.)

QM aka Jazzman Jeff

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users