Gibson Brands Forums

New from Silicon Valley

JonCanfield

Hello everyone. New guy here from Morgan Hill (near San Jose, CA). I'm waiting on delivery of a LP Standard HP in Bourbon Burst, should be here next week.

I've played off and on, mostly off for about 40 years. Always wanted a Les Paul, finally took the plunge when I saw the finish on this one.

Jon

Welcome to the forums. When I first saw the 2017 Les Paul in Bourbon Burst earlier this year, I saw the HP model first online. When I went to the store, they had a Standard on the rack. After checking it out, playing it for a while, that Standard came home with me. It's as much of a work of art as it is a REALLY good player. It's my go to guitar and my first Les Paul.

I hope you love yours as well. Very good choice. After you get it, be sure to post lots of pictures and get your 15 posts in so you can come hang out in the Lounge, which is where a lot of the conversations end up.

Again, welcome.

Thanks. It's a birthday gift from my wife, gotta love her!

I originally ordered from Sweetwater but got a call that it wouldn't be available until November. Guitar Center happened to have it in stock for 1 week shipping. Will absolutely post photos. May have to clean some drool off first

Jon

Archived