Gibson Brands Forums

NGD

Gibson Artist

Finally got one, Martin D-28. I have heard for years how great these are and finally got one. Its quite loud, the ebony feels like rosewood to me, but its got incredible projection. The guy who sold it to me had Daddario strings on it, im not a big fan of their acoustic strings, i prefer Elixers and Martin. But, first chance i get i will slap some better strings on to get more of the tone i prefer. Well, better tone for me, im sure those strings are fine for those who like that. The guy who sold it to me was so cool, an old school deadhead and he even included a free 200 dollar LR Baggs pickup, it has a volume knob or something but i cant see the name of the pickup and he doesnt remember what it is, but he swears its the best. Ill show a closeup if anyone knows please tell me, thanks!

bZ3q46p.jpg

YvPC2ak.jpg

Biwavnl.jpg

DQwX2Sa.jpg

Wow! Very nice! [love]

That's a dream guitar for me for sure. Congratulations! [thumbup]

Thanks, it's a 2004 so it's just starting to open up, has a lovely sound, very loud when picked. What i like is, its responsive, if you strum lightly you can play this in a band. But, if i wanna push it, i can get all the volume ill ever need.

Got me a D-28. They do not suck.

I was torn between a sj-200 and a d-28, wanted a high end git, i went with Martin. But, i would still love to get one of those maple gibbys someday like a 200 or dove. Maybe i can get an epiphone dove? I tried one 6 years ago in the store and it sounded better than the epi 200 with a much bigger body believe it or not.

Archived