Gibson Guitar Board: Ever cry while singing/writing your own song? - Gibson Guitar Board

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Ever cry while singing/writing your own song?

#21 User is offline   Roach 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 August 2017 - 10:16 AM

View PostMichaelT, on 15 August 2017 - 10:41 AM, said:

Yeah, I've definitely heard worse than me. I can sing in tune, mostly, and can do some backups. I don't have the voice or the range for lead vocals so I just tell people how horrible I am. And, I find it hard to sing and play guitar at the same time if it's anything fairly complicated. I'm a lot more comfortable just playing.

same for me...
but, you really should not insult yourself, if you suck, so what. Dont even think about how good or bad you are. Think about this, mick jagger didnt have a great singing voice, really. but nobody in rock that i can think of put out more of themself, their soul, behind their singing than he does. mick is the perfect example of how to put all of yourself into what you do... (not my fav singer but he got soul), I am not even positive that he has any effects, it seems he is straight from the mic to through the board and to the speakers, maybe wrong but using some effects can certainly help you and me cover up some of our weakness. Anyway I dont mean to be redundant but at least half of what makes you good or bad is the attitude you approach it with, so stop saying you suck and start not giving a crap about that and just focus on having fun...even when you are just playing, that will start showing in your performance. I know you know this already... just reminding you eh
Posted Image
2015 Les Paul Studio (MM)
2000 Les Paul Special w/hums

Year? Ibanez RG120
Yamaha FS-311 7/8ths scale Acoustic

Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401 12" CG 40w
Line 6 Spyder IV 15
Danelectro HT50 in Nifty Fifty cab
Focusrite Scarlett Solo PC USB interface
SM-57 Mic

#22 User is offline   Izzy 

• Advanced Member

Posted 18 August 2017 - 06:10 PM

I skip the tears and go to anger.
Because what I am sad about I try to be aggressive about...
I want it to ROCK! and then I'm all fkd up afterwards but not crying just angry.
======================================================================

I spend a lot of time in my room with my instruments brooding and s%^t. It's cheaper than therapy.

#23 User is offline   Roach 

• Advanced Member

Posted 18 August 2017 - 07:43 PM

View PostIzzy, on 18 August 2017 - 06:10 PM, said:

I skip the tears and go to anger.
Because what I am sad about I try to be aggressive about...
I want it to ROCK! and then I'm all fkd up afterwards but not crying just angry.

Thanks for that I am doing something like that to experiment with different vocals to power the tune up and yea i see how that works... It isnt ager for this one just a bluesy somewhat southern gritty powerful lotts of air, like im really feeling it to my core, The song is becoming an awesome tune with so much potential vocals and lead guitars, but its sort of standard blues rock, and i can almost bet its been done and i have heard it... Very similar to "i found you" LA guns, but not exactly and my tune requires those talented players to be playing for that level of talent, but its great for improving on... loving it. The more i let go while singing, the more it does express a range of emotions and ya im over the episode of crying. I played it for who i wrote it about and that fixed that.

referenced this song:

https://www.youtube....h?v=_BOHaKJmUkI
Posted Image
2015 Les Paul Studio (MM)
2000 Les Paul Special w/hums

Year? Ibanez RG120
Yamaha FS-311 7/8ths scale Acoustic

Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401 12" CG 40w
Line 6 Spyder IV 15
Danelectro HT50 in Nifty Fifty cab
Focusrite Scarlett Solo PC USB interface
SM-57 Mic

#24 User is offline   quapman 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationSask. Canada

Posted 18 August 2017 - 07:52 PM

It's never happened to me ever. Likey won't ever. Usually I'm more listening to the music. I'm not a lyric guy.
The only time I need lyrics is with the band and only for keying on the changes. I rarely care what's being said.
But I'm weird like that.
My entire life music has never ever been about the lyric. Just the music.
Not sure why.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What are you lookin at?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users