Gibson Brands Forums

Tom Waits playing a very old Gibson acoustic?

flatbaroque

Between the 2nd and 3rd sets of our gigs, I lead the 3rd set while Mike is having a beer with his friends, still. Its kind of like "the call for Mike to make it back to the stage."

I often play one of two songs - Waitin on You by Greg brown, or even more often - Tom Wait's Heart of Saturday Night.

I think that song is pure genius, although I hate when Waits sings it. I tried to allow his voice to grow on me, but it just doesn't. I actually learned the song by seeing a magical video by some regular dad playing at home, in his living room, and I found it on the UMGF.

Between the 2nd and 3rd sets of our gigs, I lead the 3rd set while Mike is having a beer with his friends, still. Its kind of like "the call for Mike to make it back to the stage."

I often play one of two songs - Waitin on You by Greg brown, or even more often - Tom Wait's Heart of Saturday Night.

I think that song is pure genius, although I hate when Waits sings it. I tried to allow his voice to grow on me, but it just doesn't. I actually learned the song by seeing a magical video by some regular dad playing at home, in his living room, and I found it on the UMGF.

Sal, is this you in the video or whom? How awesome this is. Love the voice, love the sound of the guitar, love the backing!

Looks like a late '20's L-0 12 fret with "The Gibson" logo.

I think I'd be as wiped out from an entire evening listening to Tom Waits as I would from a Tommy Emmanuel show.

Why you say that about T Emmanuel? Too much energy or do you love it or what? Not condemning at all, just curious. I have never seen a show, but have seen videos.

Why you say that about T Emmanuel? Too much energy or do you love it or what? Not condemning at all, just curious. I have never seen a show, but have seen videos.

Tommy would wear you out because he is so good.

I have no idea why anybody would pay to see Tom.

Emotionally wiped out. Just as with T. Waits; a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.

Emotionally wiped out. Just as with T. Waits; a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.

When you say emotionally wiped out, is that a good thing? Do you find him too energetic, does he bother you? Always fascinated to find how people regard performers. I have never seen a concert, but would love to. Maybe some day. Then I can report how it was lol. The guy is a monster but curious if it's too much for some people or just what.

When you say emotionally wiped out, is that a good thing? Do you find him too energetic, does he bother you? Always fascinated to find how people regard performers. I have never seen a concert, but would love to. Maybe some day. Then I can report how it was lol. The guy is a monster but curious if it's too much for some people or just what.

I suppose it is a good thing. Just noting the impact of two musicians with the same given name, whose music takes you on completely different tracks. Some people love being on an emotional rollercoaster, some think of drama as "just a little is enough".

If it's something one is seriously into, there is a saturation point. I can make it in the sea of guitar necks at the big guitar show for about 2 hours max, then I'm absolutely done.

Archived