Gibson Brands Forums

Camera shots

theflyingturtle

This is just a frivolous curiosity but has anyone else noticed how common it is for guitar clips can be a shot of just the guitar and knees with the head cropped out? I just came to the realization that I have watched dozens, perhaps hundreds, of guitarists make videos showcasing a song in this manner and I wonder how this came to be. I understand the practice when demonstrating a technique but for performing a song? Are we a collective of shy people? Nah, I can't believe that.

This is just a frivolous curiosity but has anyone else noticed how common it is for guitar clips can be a shot of just the guitar and knees with the head cropped out? I just came to the realization that I have watched dozens, perhaps hundreds, of guitarists make videos showcasing a song in this manner and I wonder how this came to be. I understand the practice when demonstrating a technique but for performing a song? Are we a collective of shy people? Nah, I can't believe that.

I'm going with witness protection program.. turns out, there's more people in it than I ever imagined! \:D/

No one is interested in my face or my shoes, but my SJ200? That's the focus! As a side note, I can't tell you the number of times I've been frustrated by a camera man panning away from the guitarist/singer's guitar and hands at that moment when you really really want to see what he/she is doing. Or even worse, when the camera remains on the lead singer during a guitar break and you never see the person doing the lead.

No one is interested in my face or my shoes, but my SJ200? That's the focus! As a side note, I can't tell you the number of times I've been frustrated by a camera man panning away from the guitarist/singer's guitar and hands at that moment when you really really want to see what he/she is doing. Or even worse, when the camera remains on the lead singer during a guitar break and you never see the person doing the lead.

And....

"Show the headstock name, show the headstock!!!"

NO?

NO-------oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh.

BluesKing777.

And....

"Show the headstock name, show the headstock!!!"

NO?

NO-------oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh.

BluesKing777.

Exactly!

A serious dilemma. :-k

99% of the viewers and listeners are not interested in guitar brands and models at all. [rolleyes]

BUT - the remaining 1% are Gibson forumites [woot]

OK, after rethinking topic title, description and first post I found that heads can be really important. However, the proofs I found are still pictures without audio although it is about guitars. Please apologize that all of the guitars shown below in a Gibson Acoustic thread are Gibson Les Paul electrics, probably retrofitted with EMG pickups. The latters are not really my cup of tea, other than the lady - hmmm [blush]

Note: The copyright owner of the following pictures is probably American photographer Christopher Sacry: https://christophersacry.deviantart.com/gallery/

Lots of classy photographs to find there, he knows his stuff, no matter if about picturing babies, people, landscape, archtitecture, motorcycles, cars, boats - and guitars. There's an extra gallery dedicated to photos he took at the guitar department of the Thomann retail store while travelling Germany...

back_side_by_christophersacry-d5m4t1b.jpg

[leadguitar.mx]%20Subida%20por%20Hern%C3%A1n%20Qui%C3%B1ones%20-%20Pink%20hot%20guitar%20girl.jpg

flash_fotografy_30_by_dudewithad700-d3bg1oi.jpg

guitars_a_woman_and_a_camera_2_by_dudewithad700-d3bdc87.jpg

OK, after looking closely I admit it - legs can be quite appealing, too [rolleyes]

."Show the headstock name, show the headstock!!!"

Yea, , , also though the model is totally clear - "let's see the headstock just to be sure, , , to get everything in place".

I also want to see some hands. Like to check certain movements, a lick, a chord, changes, finger-patterns.

But quite often like see that right hand gone so the bridge/saddle can be investigated.

Still find the adjustable concept and its many sounds highly intriguing.

The ordinary bone saddles are fine, but the adjs. or tune-O-matics present an X always worth zooming in on.

P.S. - also very interested in peoples beards msp_w00t.gif

Yea, , , also though the model is totally clear - "let's see the headstock just to be sure, , , to get everything in place".

I also want to see some hands. Like to check certain movements, a lick, a chord, changes, finger-patterns.

But quite often like see that right hand gone so the bridge/saddle can be investigated.

Still find the adjustable concept and its many sounds highly intriguing.

The ordinary bone saddles are fine, but the adjs. or tune-O-matics present an X always worth zooming in on.

P.S. - also very interested in peoples beards msp_w00t.gif

I personally find bearded ladies less attractive than most others.

I personally find bearded ladies less attractive than most others.

Beards, , , not birds. .

Btw. I think Presley once teased The Byrds by calling them The Beards. Most have been during the second incarnation, , , theirs. . .

Archived