Gibson Brands Forums

GA40RVT

ES345

I ordered this one and they tell me a few are on the way this week, after a few weeks, i will let you know what i think of it. info i got from gibson was that it does come with a two button switch for the reverb and tremelo, and it weighs 65 lbs, not a light weight, manageable, but it depends on the sound/tone, reasonable price if does the job.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/GA40RVT/

peace

• 3 weeks later...

Recieved the Ga40RVT, looked and sounded great, used an ABY pedal to swithch between the channels, used the mix channel, one of the best sounding amps i have ever played. great tremelo, Problem: the reverb didn't work, talked to gibson etc., since i would not send it to a repair shop, ie box it up ups etc., i sent it back for a replacement, none available, so i got a refund. found another on the internet, recieved it, turned it on light flickered and it blew the amps fuse. talked to gibson, i wanted to get it fixed locally, like the first one, from an authorized 20 year, fender amp repairman, (he applied to be a gibson rep over a year ago, but never received and answer, but gibson said no to the local repair, so i sent the second one back for a refund.

This amp sounded great, i mean really good, but i did have the problems above. Also the back on the second one, it is a 90% closed back amp and you must remove the back to change tubes, service etc., was not cut square, and it took me about 45 minutes to replace the back on the amp.

this amp is one of the very best sounding amps i have ever played, i have about 10 amps, one is the 30 watt super gold tone head with speaker cabinets (2) i have owned this amp and cabinets since 2000 without issue, but this amp the new 40 had a better old vibe jazz tone, blues tone then the super. However i think they have some mfg issues. if you get a good one you'll have a prize, i am not willing to spend anymore time looking for it, if gibson would expand their feeble support sturcture i would have never sent the first one back.

peace

I just recieved my 2nd GA40RVT. The front of the 1st amplifier section wasn't secured, it had dropped down. The back of the 2nd one where the plug goes in had to be lifted in order to plug it in.

Any ideas on how to get help to correct the problem without sending it back again?

wwassatt

i contacted gibson both times reference my problem with the 40's i received, to see if an authorized repair person albiet, fender tech rep, who recapped my gibson amp etc. could work on it, without terminating my warranty, they said it would have to be sent back to an authorized repair shop, that is ludicrous, because they could fix it, and then ups could drop it and we are still in the vicious circle. so if you can fix it yourself, or take it to someone who can at your expense that is about it, other than sending it to the closest auth gibson shop. or return it, i just got tired of dealing with problems on both amps so, i returned for a refund.

the first one had such a great tone, i probably should have just let my friend fix it (auth repair tech for fender, but it was just the princepal of it all and maybe just the first of many future problems.

Gibson needs to fix their sorry support sturcture of amps, and a little better quality control during mfg. too bad a great sounding amp.

peace

Archived