Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Les Paul With Bigsby

techowiz

20-25 years ago when "Mars Music" was open, I remember seeing several Epiphone Les Paul's that had the Epiphone "E", trademark "embossed/molded in" Bigsby on them . Probably custom runs made just for them, maybe msp_smile.gif

20-25 years ago when "Mars Music" was open, I remember seeing several Epiphone Les Paul's that had the Epiphone "E", trademark "embossed/molded in" Bigsby on them . Probably custom runs made just for them, maybe msp_smile.gif

Thanks! Much appreciated.

• 10 months later...

Better late than never...heh??? I have a Limited Edition Epi Les Paul with a 2001 ser. # that has a bigsby type whammy but with the Epiphone name across the bottom. It is not a legit trademarked Bigsby but an Epiphone version..... [blink]

Yes, I have an Epiphone catalogue from around 1996 when I was a young teenager that lists a few Les Paul's with the Epiphone Bigsby option. You could get them on the Black Beauty and the Standard if I remember correctly. I'm not sure if they were limited editions or standard production at that time, I would have to find the catalogue. It would be good if they had them as an option on Customs and Standards now, but I guess you can always just buy a Bigsby and fit it to one.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived