Gibson Brands Forums

Returning Member from Tennessee

Micrmay2113

Hello everyone! I used to have an account back around 2009-2010(I think it was Rockman82?), but I never actually owned a Gibson until recently. So I kind of fell away for a while. I couldn't remember my old account information, so I just made a new one.

I started playing around 2006, but I played right handed(I'm a lefty). After a year, I decided to switch to left handed and have been playing that way since. My first left handed guitar was an Epiphone G400, which is when I found this forum. I was still in high school, so I couldn't afford a Gibson at the time. Now I'm two years post college, and earlier in the year, I bought my first Gibson. It's a 2017 SG Standard and is the best playing guitar I've probably ever owned. I was trying to find some guitar forums, and I thought about this one and thought I'd come back to give it a try.

Anyways, just wanted to say hi!

Welcome back from your neighbor just north of you in Kentucky. There's an SG forum down there in the Gibson USA section. Glad you're happy with your guitar. The 2017 SG is really nice.

Thanks! Yeah I posted in the Show your SG post earlier this morning.

Welcome back and hope you enjoy it here. Congrats on the SG Standard, very nice guitar. Interesting you can play both ways, our 2 year old grandson, we have noticed for over a year that he is both left and right handed. He does well with either. I bought him a Ukulele and he loves strumming on it. He gets right into the mood dancing and jumping around just strumming strings singing "Ba Ba Bar Ann" "Help Me Rhonda" and "Helo Mary Lou" very cute to watch.

Welcome back and hope you enjoy it here. Congrats on the SG Standard, very nice guitar. Interesting you can play both ways, our 2 year old grandson, we have noticed for over a year that he is both left and right handed. He does well with either. I bought him a Ukulele and he loves strumming on it. He gets right into the mood dancing and jumping around just strumming strings singing "Ba Ba Bar Ann" "Help Me Rhonda" and "Helo Mary Lou" very cute to watch.

I can't really play righty anymore as well as I can lefty, but it doesn't feel strange to me like say someone playing a left handed guitar who has only ever played right handed guitars. My first righty was a Squier Strat, and then I switched and jumped to the Epiphone G400, then a MIM Strat, and now the Gibson. It's been a heck of a journey so far. I also have a copy of a Gibson Dove(Handed down to me by my late grandmother) that I made left handed that plays like a dream. It's a 1979 Montaya. I can't for the life of me find out anything about it though.

I've thought about buying some right handed guitars just so I can play both, because there are some guitars that will never be available left handed or most likely, like a Gibson Explorer and PRS guitars in general.

Archived