Gibson Brands Forums

Eddie Kramer talks about the potential sound of Hendrix's fourth album

Rabs

Great posts! Thanks..

Cool stuff huh..

Also if you haven't heard it. Theres a vid here where Hendrix himself talks about the direction he wanted to take next... It seemed he wanted to do it all... He talks about being in The Experience again, wanting to play in a big band and wanting to just be a guitarist in a band rather than the lead singer. One can only imagine what could have been :(

Also out of interest... I found this vid the other day which I don't think id heard before which is Jimi doing a duet with Dusty Springfield.. Pretty cool :)

Check it at 4:30 if you don't want to listen to the whole thing

The Hendrix interview was hard to listen to. It brought back memories of how everybody (young) spoke then. It was affected a lot of the time. There were genuinely sharp intelligent spokespeople in the 60s counter culture, but...

The trouble was everybody thought they should sound that way. Some even thought all you had to do was get stoned to sound eloquent and pertinent. The result was 10% meaning and 90% woolly inane twaddle.

The Dusty recording was excellent however. For a few years I was hungry for any live Hendrix recordings. Wish I had heard that one back in the day, but better late than never. Cheers Rabs

Archived