Gibson Brands Forums

NGD (A couple days ago) 2017 Gibson Les Paul Standard Hp-Bourbon Burst

LesterMan

Ive been looking for a les paul for a while, been wanting one since i was 9. i was looking at the standard t, after being told the wait could be as long as a year for a standard hp. i seen on long and mcquade that they only had one standard hp, and it was bourbon burst, the colour i wanted so badly on the standard t. it was nearby to where my girlfriends family lives so we booked some time off work and took a road trip. it had my heart the first time i seen the top! i knew i wasnt going to leave without it. its the guitar i want to grow old with so to speak lol, and has taken the spot of #1 in my little collectionwink.gif!

(this is the only picture i could crop small enough to attach)post-87021-036463600 1503594102_thumb.jpg

Beautiful guitar! I thought the same thing when I first saw them online. I went to check one out and after holding it, looking at it and playing it for a while, I took it home with me. I didn't get the HP but got the Standard T. It's been my go to guitar since February. Your story sounds a lot like mine. I've wanted one for a long time and the bourbon burst is beautiful. VERY nice top you have there. May it give you many years of playing pleasure!

VERY pretty guitar. So, how do you like it? Did it fulfill the role as the dream guitar?

The Bourbon Burst HP was the one I saw first online and I pretty much drooled over it for a couple months. I chose to go with the Bourbon Burst Standard instead. It's a great color and great flame and I love the guitar. I'm very happy with mine and it's been my go to guitar for 6 months. I hope you get many years of enjoyment out of it.

thanks for all the awesome feedback guys! and ya thats the main reason i posted a couple days late lol still cant put er down, seems that social events and even work drags on knowing i have this beast at home waiting for me eusa_wall.gif even named er Hunny msp_drool.gif

VERY pretty guitar. So, how do you like it? Did it fulfill the role as the dream guitar?

The Bourbon Burst HP was the one I saw first online and I pretty much drooled over it for a couple months. I chose to go with the Bourbon Burst Standard instead. It's a great color and great flame and I love the guitar. I'm very happy with mine and it's been my go to guitar for 6 months. I hope you get many years of enjoyment out of it.

within the few days that ive had it now, its definitely take that #1 spot, fit and finish was amazing, and the playability is absolutely incredible. the only reason i went for the hp over the standard t is the heel joint and the extra 1 mm (fret over binding aswell) and plus ive never owned a g-force so i wanted to try it

Ive been looking for a les paul for a while, been wanting one since i was 9. i was looking at the standard t, after being told the wait could be as long as a year for a standard hp. i seen on long and mcquade that they only had one standard hp, and it was bourbon burst, the colour i wanted so badly on the standard t. it was nearby to where my girlfriends family lives so we booked some time off work and took a road trip. it had my heart the first time i seen the top! i knew i wasnt going to leave without it. its the guitar i want to grow old with so to speak lol, and has taken the spot of #1 in my little collectionwink.gif!

(this is the only picture i could crop small enough to attach)post-87021-036463600 1503594102_thumb.jpg

Beautiful Guitar ...just stunning and a huge congratulations!

Archived