Gibson Brands Forums

Howdy

Bootman

Im Sean

I'm 34 and just started playing the guitar. Tough! I have a Ephiphone-PR-4E that I bought my wife about 5 years ago that she never picked up. So I figured what the hell.

I've downloaded a few apps and am trying the Fender play website for 30 days while it's free. I also joined the sixstringcountry website but that's a little too advanced for me albeit I think they do a great job once you have an idea of what's going on.

My fretting hand is slow though right now but I figured if I can play video games with my left hand I should be able to figure this out. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for having me on board.

Sean

IMG_0884.jpg

Welcome aboard Sean. msp_thumbup.gif Glad to have you on the forums and learning to play the guitar. Hope you love it and persistisance and lots practice is the key. Many folks here I'm sure would love to answer any questions you might have. If your having trouble on chords and notes, maybe an actual guitar instructor is best, he or she can watch what your doing as well as give you instructions and lessons to do.

Play with other guitarist, or sit with an instructor. Learn chord shapes, from books and online. A lesson once or twice in between all of this will help keep your technique on track. Finger strength and coordination is something that can't be faked. Put in the hours. If/when frustration kicks in, keep at it. You're next breakthrough is just around the corner. Good luck. Enjoy the process.

Archived