Gibson Brands Forums

A "non Gibson" question

MR GIBS

Hi folks.

I consider to buy a carbon fiber big body Jumbo guitar (need a guitar to take in the mountains and at the sea side).

I was looking at some Rainsongs...

Nobody is selling carbon fiber guitars in my country (Bulgaria) and I have never played on one...

So please suggest me where can I buy one online. I don't need a brand new - an used instrument in a good shape would be a nice find.

Thank you in advance.

We have two Composite Acoustics (CA) Legend guitars. These were developed as possible bluegrass instruments with the help of Tim Stafford, the bluegrass flatpicker.

They are actually quite good guitars -- I first experienced one in a jam session with Shane Blackwell, and the sound really impressed me. They can stand in for rhythm in a bluegrass session pretty well, and they are good flatpickers. I also will sometimes plug them in for a gig where the venue can't handle true acoustic setups and I also fingerpick them with fingerpicks. Best of all, I throw them in the car and I don't have to worry about them as I would with an old herringbone or AJ, and I don't mind handing them to strangers.

I bought both of ours on the used market -- I just watched the internet until they showed up. So I can't advise as to who sells them. I have played several Rainsongs, and they seen to me to be quite similar to the CAs.

Good luck,

-Tom

I've played a couple of Rainsongs, if you approach them with an open mind and don't expect them to do an impression of a wooden acoustic, they're incredible instruments. Very neutral and clean sounding, loads of headroom and crisp, sweet attack transients.

If my music was sonically and visually less geared around roots/blues, I'd play one in an instant. Amazing guitar for a touring musician, I wouldn't worry about one in a plane hold for a moment.

Archived