Gibson Brands Forums

chicks who rock

american cheez

for the most part, rock is a man's playground. not being sexist, just observing a long standing trend. however, there are some really cool female and/or female fronted bands who actually rock it hard and heavy. not pop rock, like joan jet or insanely annoying like the great kat. thank you ladies who rock, for making bad-azz music!

here are a few. some not so new, some new-ish. it's been a topic between me and a buddy lately, i thought i'd share.

Thundermother

Crucified Barbara

The Pretty Reckless

Band-Maid

Doll$Boxx

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lots of them..........

Joan Jett

Lita Ford

Suzi Quatro

Halestorm

Pretty Reckless

halestorm is an awesome band. i didnt mention them because i assumed everyone knew mz. hyde already. i did mention the pretty reckless though. joan jet was disqualified because she is radio rock, not hard or heavy.

Nan Mancini and Johnny's Dance Band.

There. My age is showing.

rct

dude - more than just your age is showing. your choice nails your location fairly precise as well. it's like mentioning the hooters or john eddie and the front street runners. hahahha not knocking, just pointing out how knowing them pretty much means you're from the tri state area, and probably listened to wmmr

Wendy O Williams

ughh!! you said that for shock value right? ewww...just...EWWW!!!! she makes my skin crawl. musically she was almost as bad as courtney love.

Meytal Cohen [thumbup]

4a6ad64a4cdc25a7a51f6f879e189736.jpeg

comparing her to lux drummerette, i have to say, meytal beats her by a nose,even though lux is hotter. in her defense, meytal has 2 double hammers vs lux's singles and spike heels. still, meytal for the win, this time.

vs

I can't believe nobody has added the "Grandmothers of chick rock" - Fanny

...apart from in post #11...

msp_smile.gif

I can't believe how not a single one of the old farts here has mentioned Janis Joplin.

Brittany Howard (Alabama Shakes) can rock out, too, when she feels the spirit take her...

Pip.

dude - more than just your age is showing. your choice nails your location fairly precise as well.

Deptford NJ, along with the other dozen or so guitar players in my HS class.

it's like mentioning the hooters

Still around, still see some of them guys from time to time.

or john eddie and the front street runners.

He's still around, almost hardcore country now, I know one of his guitar players pretty well.

hahahha not knocking, just pointing out how knowing them pretty much means you're from the tri state area, and probably listened to wmmr

Just heard Pierre on my way back here to work today, he's still on.

Saw Nan and JDB at the Deptford Tavern. One of the best live bands ever, me and my very young Mrs wore the grooves off those records.

Here's a nightclub name you rarely see and run into someone who's been there even less: Pulsations.

Thems the fukkin days right there yo.

rct

Here's a nightclub name you rarely see and run into someone who's been there even less: Pulsations.

Thems the fukkin days right there yo.

oh man, right off of 202! been there lots of times! not because i can dance (i can't) but because my girlfriend back in the day bribed me with copious amounts of wild violent sex, in exchange. [drool] it was sooo worth it. i remember the space ship, and the robot, and having sex 4 times between pulsations and s. wilmington. i dont remember alot else though.

oh man, right off of 202! been there lots of times! not because i can dance (i can't) but because my girlfriend back in the day bribed me with copious amounts of wild violent sex, in exchange. [drool] it was sooo worth it. i remember the space ship, and the robot, and having sex 4 times between pulsations and s. wilmington. i dont remember alot else though.

FIST BUMP

Archived