Gibson Brands Forums

Stewmac sale

blindboygrunt

And I've got no affiliation with Waverly but I will attest they are worth the money. Smooth and precise.

Will you elaborate on that ?

Picking up the guitar after playing it and stopping for a "break", or the next day, some strings would be out of tune. . . I'd just always attributed it to the weather, or to the strings aging and settling in. Simply noticed that the tuning was less fussy with the Waverley's.

Picking up the guitar after playing it and stopping for a "break", or the next day, some strings would be out of tune. . . I'd just always attributed it to the weather, or to the strings aging and settling in. Simply noticed that the tuning was less fussy with the Waverley's.

Hmm. Ok ta

That’s good to know and keep in mind

I took the big ugly tuners off the Martin and put little sta-tites on it. They’re grand little things

I initially got them for the j45 but it just doesn’t look right to me without the white buttons

Maybe waverleys will go on someday I’m flush

I have Waverley's on my Martin Authentic and I was really pleased until I got my Cargill custom with Schaller M6 tuners. Those and the older Gotoh 503? on my old Lowdens are truly sensational! Tuners to the next degree!

BluesKing777.

Ah well if they’re perhaps worse than the lowden gotohs then perhaps they aren’t the sensational thing they’re cracked up to be

Don’t get me wrong , nothing wrong with lowden tuners , just thought the wavelets were in a league of their own

They are lovely looking though , the Waverley

I put Waverleys on my Martin 000-17sm. They are expensive, but they are totally worth it. Once you've used them, nothing else feels good enough. I sold the Martin 000-17sm to buy a Martin 000-28vs which came with the Waverleys thank goodness.

Here they are on the 000-17sm:

waverlycropped.png

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if there is a direct replacement for a J45 TV with three on a plate tuners?. Really don't want to mod or drill the guitar, but would like tighter tuners.

These?

http://www.stewmac.com/Hardware_and_Parts/Tuning_Machines/Solid_Peghead_Guitar_Tuning_Machines/Golden_Age_Vintage-style_3onPlate_Tuners.html

Or Waverlys?

http://www.stewmac.com/Hardware_and_Parts/Tuning_Machines/Solid_Peghead_Guitar_Tuning_Machines/3-on-Plate_Waverly_Machines_for_Solid_Pegheads.html

Archived