Gibson Brands Forums

Trying to identify this guitar

superump

Hi, I am new to this board so please be gentle ha. I have always been a fender guitar guy but fell in love with the looks of the Les paul Blonde Beauty well that and I've always wanted a Les paul. I sent the seller several questions like is it a standard or studio premium model and what neck style does it have. They didn't know but sent me what they thought was the serial and model numbers. I sent them to Gibson and got a response right away but they couldn't answer my questions because the numbers were incomplete. Here is what I got from the seller........

The model # on the Gibson card is LPSTWCCH1,(as best I can read from the hand writing). 02787XXXX Is the serial

Im enclosing some pictures. Thanks in advance for any possible help.

post-87076-017844300 1504025789_thumb.jpg

post-87076-092664600 1504025815_thumb.jpg

Hi, I am new to this board so please be gentle ha. I have always been a fender guitar guy but fell in love with the looks of the Les paul Blonde Beauty well that and I've always wanted a Les paul. I sent the seller several questions like is it a standard or studio premium model and what neck style does it have. They didn't know but sent me what they thought was the serial and model numbers. I sent them to Gibson and got a response right away but they couldn't answer my questions because the numbers were incomplete. Here is what I got from the seller........

The model # on the Gibson card is LPSTWCCH1,(as best I can read from the hand writing). 02787XXXX Is the serial

They had sent me the wrong serial number here is the correct serial number.......The serial for this guitar is 011670525

I've resized the picture and it still says file too big....how small of a picture do they have to be? Thanks

You only get like 500k on the site...

Best thing to do is use an image hosting site.. A few of us are using http://imgur.com/ once uploaded there copy the BB link directly in to your post (don't bother with the insert media button).

The model # on the Gibson card is LPSTWCCH1,(as best I can read from the hand writing). ...

That would say Les Paul Studio Worn Cherry but doesn't match the second pic.

The profile shown on the first pic is very likely 60's Slim Taper.

They had sent me the wrong serial number here is the correct serial number.......The serial for this guitar is 011670525

That says Thursday, 26 April 2007.

I've resized the picture and it still says file too big....how small of a picture do they have to be? Thanks

Using a web photo provider and linking pictures here is best. Some of these companies switched to offering this option for shameless amounts of money only, and I still am indecisive what to use after the photoßucket desaster. They started charging 499 bucks per year [scared][cursing]

The total upload per account here is only 500kB and quite useless. :unsure:

it's not how big or small your picture is.. it's your picture is of "nothing" really

you have a picture of a "end pin" strap button and a cropped picture of the back.

all we can see is that it's a mahogany body and looks like cream binding.

please post a picture of the front of the guitar at the very least.

yes you'll need to imgur.com to successfully post half decent size pictures. (photobucket the old standby doesn't work like it once did)

http://imgur.com/a/iKptp

funny,, I thought I asked for that in at least 2 posts.. instead we get "artistic" pictures of some sort of Gibson Les Paul.

Yep. [biggrin] The Blonde Beauties came with AAAA flamed maple tops - perhaps she is too beautiful for posting pics ;)

Is this what we are talking about? NICE

O521tR6.jpg

Exactly! [thumbup] This model has been mentioned in the first line of the first post, and all the other pics provided match this model, too. They seem to have chambered bodies - at least most offers for sale say so.

I tried to find some pics of the guitar in question by using the serial number but didn't succeed.

Thank you Gibson never got back to me but 2007 is the year the blonde beauty was made. Still not sure if its a standard or studio premium and yes the seller told me it was the wrong card that it was for a worn cherry. THANKS AGAIN!

That would say Les Paul Studio Worn Cherry but doesn't match the second pic.

The profile shown on the first pic is very likely 60's Slim Taper.

That says Thursday, 26 April 2007.

Using a web photo provider and linking pictures here is best. Some of these companies switched to offering this option for shameless amounts of money only, and I still am indecisive what to use after the photoßucket desaster. They started charging 499 bucks per year [scared][cursing]

The total upload per account here is only 500kB and quite useless. :unsure:

I have given up totally on all my web pages & sites because of the BS with the image hosting..

Hardly even visit the sites anymore because of it..

So now when I get a new guitar or gear I just put it with the rest & go on..

That's a sweet guitar in the photo even if it isn't the one the OP asked about..

ROCK ON!!

WANTED FREE IMAGE HOSTING Without ALL The BS Gary/Hk

BTW last acquisition was a 1979 Ibanez Artist that my son bought in the case at the Salvation Army for $50 = SWEET!!

Archived