Gibson Brands Forums

2018 LP Classic... With P90s

Rabs

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool guitar ....but "yum"?

Yeah, it looks like Butterscotch. I wanna lick it! [biggrin]

I wonder what the price is going to be? I'm really happy with my Goldtop Tribute with P90's but if it's reasonably priced, this one would be a fun guitar.

I saw the black version on Facebook, this may prove too tempting to resist for me.

The current 2017 Classic T is priced at $1,800, (after a $200 price drop) I hope they price this the same, I'd buy one.

I love goldtops, I just can't justify buying another LP because of the color but if I were in the market I'd definitely get the goldtop.

I saw the black version on Facebook, this may prove too tempting to resist for me.

The current 2017 Classic T is priced at $1,800, (after a $200 price drop) I hope they price this the same, I'd buy one.

I love goldtops, I just can't justify buying another LP because of the color but if I were in the market I'd definitely get the goldtop.

I could see buying one just so I have some P-90s to gripe about.

rct

Yeah its a bit weird actually.. I even said in another thread im not actually that bothered about 2018s line up cos the last three years or so I really didn't care much for it..

BUT the second I saw that I got some GAS which doesn't happen that often these days.. It just looks right and yummy...

I just checked that out.. WOW.. I don't even usually like black guitars.. But again, that some how just looks so right? Maybe they are actually on to something this year?

sXPmroS.jpg

No weight relief and... (as I pointed out in the other thread) aluminum ABR and tailpiece. Those are great decisions IMO. And I even see a metal jack plate... have they finally made a decent Les Paul Standard right out of the case?

What about nibs though.... are there nibs? [rolleyes]

And I'll buy one and then dial my amp and/or pedals so it sounds almost like humbuckers. Then claim p90's are the best.

I'll do what I did a few P-90 guitars ago, put P-100s in it and claim P-90s are the best!

[laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

rct

You had to go and say it.. Didn't you [lol]

Well, yeah. But seriously, these are all nice upgrades I have performed on my own guitars. (Except weight relief obviously). Seems like good decision-making to me.

I do wonder about this wording though...

"The body is made of a combination of mahogony (sic) and maple, in a configuration known as the non-weight relief body."

Unusual choice of words. Is it a new configuration of mahogany and maple? How are they keeping the weight down. Did they suddenly find more light-weight mahogany? Why Anderton's can't spell mahogany is another question entirely. :rolleyes:

Well, yeah. But seriously, these are all nice upgrades I have performed on my own guitars. (Except weight relief obviously). Seems like good decision-making to me.

"The body is made of a combination of mahogony (sic) and maple, in a configuration known as the non-weight relief body."

Unusual choice of words. Is it a new configuration of mahogany and maple? How are they keeping the weight down. Did they suddenly find more light-weight mahogany? Why Anderton's can't spell mahogany is another question entirely. :rolleyes:

It's spellt mahogony but it is pronounced throat warbler mangrove.

rct

Binding Style: Rolled over Frets

Body

Body Styl:e Les Paul Classic

Body: Mahogany

Top: Plain Maple

Weight relief: None

Binding: Cream

Seems simple enough, but you never know with Gibson :unsure: :)

Archived