Gibson Brands Forums

Flame Trees

BluesKing777

I just recorded another quiet acoustic ballad version of "Flame Trees" by band Cold Chisel, nothing like theirs but I like the lyrics and the chords have that added minor like the Beatles use to do a lot - and the main thing for me - I played my new Lowden O22.

So I used the Neumann KM184 to my mixer and iMac:

https://soundcloud.com/bk7-3/flametrees-o227b-2

BluesKing777.

That is very pretty. Nicely done. Seems as these days I am going at everything like I am trying to scare the Hellhound off of my trail. Might be time to revisit my earlier putzing with quieter versions of "Fortunate Son" and "Friday on my Mind and take a break from the first recorded version of Broonzy's "Key to the Highway" (on which I am using a fiddle for the harp part). Not sure who the Hell Cold Chisel is though. Then again I am still trying to figure out who Aaron Lewis is.

Didn't care much for the music he plays with Staind. But I do like his country music. Just him and his Gibson guitars.

BK your playing is always fantastic sir. I envy your skills.

Ah pants I’m being impolite

Yes of course, good stuff as always BK

You’re recordings are something for the bedroom guys to aim for. Sounds great

Good version!There is melodic structures to a lot of their songs that allow a good player like yourself to come up with an acoustic take that works well.

Yea nice big tone on the Lowden.

Thanks FB!

Of course if I tackled the full blooded scream of you know who and the original, I would no doubt have some kind of embolism!

So I go more for the 'Bing Crosby sing close to the mic thing' and a bit of Perry Como. [flapper]

I saw the Chisel songwriter, Don Walker singing his famous ones on a show called 'The Basement Live' years ago with mainly vocal/piano and a light band, and to be kind he had a whispery voice like my old piano playing mate. And I liked the sound!

BluesKing777.

Archived