Good Honest Work!

#21 User is offline   Mr. Gibson 

• Work while you still can
  • Group: Members
  • LocationNorth Dakota

Posted 07 September 2017 - 12:36 PM

Digger said:

1504506090[/url]' post='1879208']
Yes your right Butch I hired one once to do a few small jobs. The one I had was nowhere near stable enough for our property and it would have been easy to tip it over. "skid Loaders" Mr Gibson tells me they are also called!

I need a fair dinkum farm set-up with knobbly tyres and 4WD, I also need a 2 stage clutch so I can run the PTO (implement drive chain) independent of the axle gearboxes driving. For example a rotary hoe has to be able to work stationary as well as moving, so does a post hole digger.

Bobcats are good for moving and levelling stuff but an adaption for some other tasks. (as far as I know)

I'm enjoying some of that lovely dry wood I got last week as before lunch the day turned to poo totally!

A skid steer loader can do that,but you'd have to get all new implements,then the real expense starts. I paid 49k for the skid steer and bought a snow bucket,a hay bucket with grapple and dirt bucket with heavy duty grapple which was about 14k for those. So I've got 63k invested and still would need more attachments to cover all bases. The skid steer is a Gehl 330V if you want to google to see what it looks like.

#22 User is offline   Digger 

• Resident Old Fart
  • LocationS.E. Australia

Posted 07 September 2017 - 01:49 PM

View PostMr. Gibson, on 07 September 2017 - 12:36 PM, said:

A skid steer loader can do that,but you'd have to get all new implements,then the real expense starts. I paid 49k for the skid steer and bought a snow bucket,a hay bucket with grapple and dirt bucket with heavy duty grapple which was about 14k for those. So I've got 63k invested and still would need more attachments to cover all bases. The skid steer is a Gehl 330V if you want to google to see what it looks like.

Thanks Jim, not really suitable for here and I'm closing in on a tractor as we speak. No guarantees but at least I've got the budget up a bit.

#23 User is offline   Retired 

• The Ham bone is connected to the ........
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 September 2017 - 10:06 PM

Yeah Rob....it's pizza she says, I hit 194.8 this morning and still no pizza either? Women! Guess we wore Grayson out today. We let him walk all through Lorinzen gardens up and down stairs, and up hills. Deb said we walked over 6,000. Steps so imagine his tiny little legs walked over 10,000 steps keeping up. Ha ha, Kristel called and said he fell asleep eating lunch and slept for 3 hours, Lol.
Herman

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users