Gibson Brands Forums

Strange Looking Gibson at Andertons

IanHenry

I've never seen a Gibson like this one before. I'm not a big fan of having a single volume and tone control.

https://www.andertons.co.uk/p/MDCSPSL11128/solid-body-electric-guitars/gibson-custom-shop-double-cut-standard-heritage-cherry-burst

Ian

Yeah, not a fan of that guitar either. If I were to have a double cut, it'd be an SG.

I was thinking the traditional Gibson headstock looks a bit strange on it. If they ever did this as a standard non-Custom shop, I could see it with a Firebird headstock like the one they have on their special models. Might match the aesthetic of the body better.

It's not that bad looking, but is not the Gibson norm. It has bound body and neck which I always like to see on Gibsons - or any guitars for that matter. Love the finish! I wonder what it would sound like... Being that it is currently more than $5000 (USD), this is a lot of money for this guitar. For that kind of money, I would buy something else no doubt. So the ugliest thing about this guitar right now is the price tag.

Yeah I think they made a mistake making it a custom.. Should have been a USA guitar and no more than £1500... I reckon anyway.

Agreed that it shouldnt have been a custom although its never going to be their biggest seller so it would make it makes sense having it as an exclusive (price wise) product. While I personally feel this guitar should have been made cheaper, I feel their bass line needs to be given more features (a price increase would have been fine then). Their EB bass is just over £600 and could have done with better fretwork and finishing

i like it in the pics ok, but it looks much better when i see it hanging on someone. maybe it's reference of scale or something i don't know. i don't like the price any better than anyone else. i agree with the above also that my eye finds amusement in seeing the gibson headstock on that shape. the black one and the gold are pretty cool looking.

I've never seen a Gibson like this one before. I'm not a big fan of having a single volume and tone control.

https://www.andertons.co.uk/p/MDCSPSL11128/solid-body-electric-guitars/gibson-custom-shop-double-cut-standard-heritage-cherry-burst

Ian

Yeah that guitar is fugly.

It doesn't look as bad in black or gold top but still nothing I'd ever be caught playing.

Archived