Gibson Brands Forums

NCD, NPD

jdgm

Yesterday was New Cabinet Day (new to me that is).....

Marshall 1922 2x12 cab with 2 Celestion 75w speakers. Bought for a bargain price off a guitarist friend.

Sealed back, MDF I think; as photo shows, speakers are crammed in about as tight as they could get.

Plus I had a New Pedal Day last week, Marshall Reflector Reverb; I'd been looking out for a budget reverb pedal and was amazed to find a couple of internet music dealers doing these for half-price on Ebay UK, apparently because the 9v battery has been removed.

New, boxed, £35 inc p&p, I'm not asking why! Maybe it was a batch where the batteries went flat?

Anyway, great pedal for that money - stereo/mono, 2000ms, 6 settings - hall, plate, room, spring 1 and 2, reverse. Has an expression pedal input for the reverb time.

Set it all up today:

Marshall_Web.jpg

Rev_Pedal_Web.jpg

Sounds b****y amazing. I don't have to tell you.... [thumbup]

The amp is a modded 100w Park MV; I don't give my guitars/gear/cars/anything names, but if I did - this would be Godzilla.

Plus I am having 2 other small valve amps serviced; I needed a way to pay for all of it so have sold a rare-ish fx pedal - the Lovetone Meatball, a wonderful and weird pedal which sat at home and unfortunately didn't get used much at all.

I intend to take this setup out on a gig, when I get one in a reasonable-sized venue. I'll be cranking it up in rehearsal before then of course!

Feeling very, very fortunate - a good day for me. [smile]

Best wishes to all.

Did you ever get around to putting that PIO cap in the single pup strat thingy :)

Yes but then took it out again...I think... as the tone control doesn't work like a tone now; it's an old stereo hb pup which I bridged and that has made the tone control switch between one coil or both ](*,) ](*,)

I need another pup really but it's way down on the list of things to do.... :-k

Yes but then took it out again...I think... as the tone control doesn't work like a tone now; it's an old stereo hb pup which I bridged and that has made the tone control switch between one coil or both ](*,) ](*,)

I need another pup really but it's way down on the list of things to do.... :-k

I tell you what.. Vanson make some really nice pickups.. Well you have heard them more than most as ive used them on several builds. And the price is so so good.. People don't believe it when I say this apart from people who have actually tried them and say the same thing I do..

They are away at the moment so I cant search their products.. But a single pickup is like £18.99.. Heres a set I have in my watched list to see what im talking about

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Vanson-57-Alnico-II-PAF-style-Humbucker-Set-for-LP-SG-ES-etc-Black-N-B/121193774334?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

I look on ebay and there are tons of Chinese pups with free postage for under £10 a set....was quite tempted by some rosewood-bobbin ones a few wks ago but didn't jump.

OK so really you don't know what you're getting but at that price...... :-k

I look on ebay and there are tons of Chinese pups with free postage for under £10 a set....was quite tempted by some rosewood-bobbin ones a few wks ago but didn't jump.

Hmm, yeah.. But I have seen bad things.. Like the magnets used arnt very good or the wire used.. Or the general build quality... While im sure there are good ones as well as bad, I couldn't tell you which was which...

Hmm, yeah.. But I have seen bad things.. Like the magnets used arnt very good or the wire used.. Or the general build quality... While im sure there are good ones as well as bad, I couldn't tell you which was which...

Yeah good point. No sense in changing what I've got (an old Kent Armstrong stereo 'Rainbow' hb) if I don't know what I'm getting.

The Vansons in your guitars sounded excellent to me, will have to find out more. B)

And very impressive that your new one sold instanter!... =D> =D> =D>

Yeah good point. No sense in changing what I've got (an old Kent Armstrong stereo 'Rainbow' hb) if I don't know what I'm getting.

The Vansons in your guitars sounded excellent to me, will have to find out more. B)

And very impressive that your new one sold instanter!... =D> =D> =D>

Thank you... It still doesn't feel quite real.. Plus with all the other stuff going on its just an overload of emotion at the moment, But still, another good step forward. :)

I will let you know when their stuff is back on Ebay...

Marshall 1922 2x12 cab with 2 Celestion 75w speakers. Bought for a bargain price off a guitarist friend.

Sealed back, MDF I think; as photo shows, speakers are crammed in about as tight as they could get.

Plus I had a New Pedal Day last week, Marshall Reflector Reverb; I'd been looking out for a budget reverb pedal and was amazed to find a couple of internet music dealers doing these for half-price on Ebay UK, apparently because the 9v battery has been removed.

New, boxed, £35 inc p&p, I'm not asking why! Maybe it was a batch where the batteries went flat?

Anyway, great pedal for that money - stereo/mono, 2000ms, 6 settings - hall, plate, room, spring 1 and 2, reverse. Has an expression pedal input for the reverb time.

Set it all up today:

Marshall_Web.jpg

Rev_Pedal_Web.jpg

Sounds b****y amazing. I don't have to tell you.... [thumbup]

The amp is a modded 100w Park MV; I don't give my guitars/gear/cars/anything names, but if I did - this would be Godzilla.

Plus I am having 2 other small valve amps serviced; I needed a way to pay for all of it so have sold a rare-ish fx pedal - the Lovetone Meatball, a wonderful and weird pedal which sat at home and unfortunately didn't get used much at all.

I intend to take this setup out on a gig, when I get one in a reasonable-sized venue. I'll be cranking it up in rehearsal before then of course!

Feeling very, very fortunate - a good day for me. [smile]

Best wishes to all.

Ahh man shame you had to get rid of the Meatball!!! I don't use mine that much but it is one of my favorite pedals. Let me know if you want a clone in the future (if not from me, I have a friend in the U.K. that I can set you up with)

2 small amps getting serviced.. AC4 and VibroChamp?

Congrats on the new gear, matey. Have fun!!!

Nice cab. [thumbup] I used the larger 1936 2-12 for years. Same speakers just a little wider (same width as a full sized head). Shoulda never got rid of it. Enjoy.

2 small amps getting serviced.. AC4 and VibroChamp?

Yus...it's an AC10 which seems to be a nearly forgotten Vox model. Runs hot and tends to burn out components.

And the Twin is getting a bit noisy now as well, that may need some work soon.

Nice cab. [thumbup] I used the larger 1936 2-12 for years. Same speakers just a little wider (same width as a full sized head). Shoulda never got rid of it. Enjoy.

I would have loved one of those though they are heavier..... B)

I've found entwhistle pickups are quite good value for money on the cheaper end of the scale although in recent years the price has gone up slightly

Archived