Gibson Brands Forums

More 2018s on Thomann

Rabs

I like the explorer and the thin L5 lookin thing.

I wonder how you adjust the height on the pickups. Looks like they are mounted differently than normal. No mounting ring and no visible mounting screws

Maybe it's new Robo pickup technology? Lol [lol]

I wonder how you adjust the height on the pickups. Looks like they are mounted differently than normal. No mounting ring and no visible mounting screws

There was a discussion about that somewhere on the forums, maybe the Les Paul section. Apparently there are long adjustment screws through the back of the guitar.

Dig the Explorer. Not a fan of the SG's and LP's with out pickup rings. Those knobs look strange on them. They are colorful. How do you adjust pickup height. Its not like a P-90. I see no adjustment screws.

:o :o :o Who ever had that idea needs a good slap

EmORFId.jpg

The "thin L5 lookin thing" as you refer to it is an ES275, but a new finish for this model I think.

If you look really close the Firebird pickups look like they have 8 screws. The middle six would be the pole pieces and the outer two would be for height adjustment.

I think the height adjustment from the rear on the HP Les Pauls and SG is sort of cool. It gives the guitars a really super clean look without the pick-up rings. But personally I'm an old school pick-up rings, pick guard, and poker chip sort a guy.

If you look really close the Firebird pickups look like they have 8 screws. The middle six would be the pole pieces and the outer two would be for height adjustment.

That's perfectly normal for P90s.. :) But its not the outer screws... You can see the two that are different either side of the middle two pole pieces

Not sure what that is in American money, but I would not slap down that much for those.

In 2010 I bought a Standard... It was £1999.... Now the T Standards are £2499... And as said HPs £2999.... Its getting silly..

Archived