Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Les Paul Studio T 2016 vs 2017

Liadii

Hey all, I have an Gibson Les Paul Studio T 2016 and I can trade it for a new Les Paul Studio T 2017 for free.

Should I do it? I saw that the maple top is grade A in 2017 compared to C in 2016, and that there are Grover tuners in 2017 compared to traditional ones in 2016.

What do you think?

Ask yourself why you are interested in trading? Do you dislike your guitar? I would only make the trade after determining how much I like my guitar and if the other is really an improvement. Remember that the grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence.

Hey all, I have an Gibson Les Paul Studio T 2016 and I can trade it for a new Les Paul Studio T 2017 for free.

Should I do it? I saw that the maple top is grade A in 2017 compared to C in 2016, and that there are Grover tuners in 2017 compared to traditional ones in 2016.

What do you think?

My opinion, for any reason, is you do whatever you think is best for you.

Your ambition to trade could be from various reasons, like maybe you want something newer/different or etc ?.

Hope you're happy with your decision and please let us know the outcome.

I would only exchange it if I played on the 2017 and found it to be more enjoyable physically or pleasing to my ears. I would have to have both and and compare them back to back. Now if none of that matters to you, and the fact that the new hardware is what you want, or you find that you like the 2017 more then by all means go for it. It all has to do with what you want out of the guitar.

Archived