Gibson Brands Forums

2018 Gibson SG lineup.......FRIKKIN FINALLY!!

norcalpiper

I am obsessive about Sg's and looking to pick up one with the 490 pups to round out my herd! I don't have a special faded yet and am liking the Bourbon finish but just can't stop thinking I wish I could get it in that Natural satin...... damn

I am kinda of particular (anal retentive) and always endeavor to not have two Sg's with the same finish... lol , I know crazy so this makes me want to sell my Ebony special with mini buckers and pick up the Natural version! lol

Guitar Center's got a very cool Youtube video on their Gibson 2018 landing page.... VERY sonically informative when trying to decide on/differentiate between the three SG models.

I do believe I still like the Special, with the mini humbuckers, the best!

My linkhttp://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson-2018.gc?icid=408611#pageName=collection-page&N=43514&Nao=30&recsPerPage=30&postalCode=91501&radius=100&profileCountryCode=US&profileCurrencyCode=USD

I was at Guitar Center yesterday, buying a cheap acoustic guitar for just banging around on...

… and right beside the Yamaha that I eventually bought, on the "new inventory rack", was a natural finish 2018 SG Special with the mini humbuckers!!!!! [drool] It was all I could do to resist buying it on the spot!

Gorgeous guitar. I will be getting one eventually.

Archived