Gibson Brands Forums

TVHbird

Denis57

Does it come with THE case ?

NGvm5rv.png

The above 2008 TV is one I was interested in when on a Bird hunt earlier this year. According to the seller, it was virtually unplayed, and he was not using it, as he didn't want to have something happen to it. The guitar had been for sale for three months at US $3100, and he told me the best he could do was $2900/shipped. I ended up with the torrefied Vintage model with warranty and a return policy for not much more than that. The '08 stayed on the market for another five months. Unsure of the final sale price.

Here's the Reverb price guide for a 2010 Hummingbird TV:

JspJflj.png

Strangely, Guitar Center & Musicians Friend (same company, basically) advertise the Hummingbird Vintage as the Hummingbird True Vintage. Just adds to the confusion when, you find they also have a new version for sale - the Hummingbird Regal, which they offer at $5K. Maple b/s with a three piece back. Other than cosmetics, I'm not sure what the extra $2K gets you.

. . . you find they also have a new version for sale - the Hummingbird Regal, which they offer at $5K. Maple b/s with a three piece back. . .

What the ? ? ?

uR5hmwC.png

So- GC is calling it the Hummingbird Regal Acoustic Electric Guitar Rosewood Burst, and listing it's back and sides as Flame Maple. They do play a bit loose with their descriptions.

I recently purchased a 2014 Hummingbird New Vintage (same specs as TV). It was in near mint condition and came with the brown and pink Gibson case. The dealer was asking $2,799. I traded in another guitar, so I don't know exactly what they would have taken in a cash only transaction.

Strangely, Guitar Center & Musicians Friend (same company, basically) advertise the Hummingbird Vintage as the Hummingbird True Vintage. Just adds to the confusion when, you find they also have a new version for sale - the Hummingbird Regal, which they offer at $5K. Maple b/s with a three piece back. Other than cosmetics, I'm not sure what the extra $2K gets you.

Wondered same about this one :

https://www.woodbrass.com/guitares-acoustiques-folk-gibson-hummingbird-2017-true-vintage-p208709.html

They say True Vintage and don't tell about torrefied but the colour and the initial price (4k€) recalls a torrefied top... 2017 model

Wondered same about this one :

https://www.woodbrass.com/guitares-acoustiques-folk-gibson-hummingbird-2017-true-vintage-p208709.html

They say True Vintage and don't tell about torrefied but the colour and the initial price (4k€) recalls a torrefied top... 2017 model

Who is to say what the actual guitar that WoodBrass is selling looks like- the one in the photo is the same guitar on Gibson's website for the Hummingbird Vintage: http://www.gibson.com/Products/Acoustic-Instruments/2016/Hummingbird-Vintage.aspx.

Very nice Sitka top with good silking (above guitar). . . sometimes, they can leave the bird in the oven too long, and end up with a more dramatic result (2015 Vintage model, below):

02KZxgK.png

I'm (easily) confused.

I've reached the tipping point in terms of naming conventions vis a vis the plethora of H'Bird models.

A few years back, OneWIleyFool compiled a list - I think he got to 50 - of the various J45 models.

The H'Bird is obviously a youngster compared to that, well Old, guitar model. But there are a few more than I can handle.

Standard with Mahogany

Rosewood

Maple

Burst, or not to Burst

50th Anniversary of the 1960 Original

That's all fine... but now...

True Vintage

New Vintage (Rosewood or Mahogany)

Vintage

Limited Edition

Eric Church Dark

Koa Elite

With Cutout

Hummingbird Pro

Regal

I am certainly not in the same league as OWF when it comes to compiling lists of versions of Gibson models - but wanted to give some of our newer members a sense of the futility of thinking in a linear way when it comes to Gibson acoustics. You basically have to look at the spec sheet to know what you're looking at.

And then, of course, 'another country heard from' ... there is the Epiphone Hummingbird line.

Who is to say what the actual guitar that WoodBrass is selling looks like- the one in the photo is the same guitar on Gibson's website for the Hummingbird Vintage: http://www.gibson.com/Products/Acoustic-Instruments/2016/Hummingbird-Vintage.aspx.

Very nice Sitka top with good silking (above guitar). . . sometimes, they can leave the bird in the oven too long, and end up with a more dramatic result (2015 Vintage model, below):

edited ... there's no true vintage 2017.

So it is probably a mistake on woodbrass website and it is a Vintage and not a TV...

At this price it is very interesting ! [scared]

Archived