Gibson Brands Forums

A video of a show using the '48 J-50.

bayoubengal1954

Here is a video of a 23 minute set played by Crossing Canal (the duo with Ruby Ross) at this cool show called the Abita Springs Opry which took to place last April 22nd in the little town of Abita Springs which is located about an 1 1/2 hours north of New Orleans. This is the direct feed off of the Cable Access TV show so it doesn't do justice to the nice sound we heard in the the hundred-plus year old wooden town hall building where the shows are held, but it's fun to have a record of the night. I totally understand if no one wants to sit through the whole 23 minutes. [biggrin]

http://vimeo.com/232106124

Well Done! Nice duo and good tunes. I really enjoyed listening to all 23 minutes. I like this kind of music and enjoyed the sound of two different guitars and your use of keys and capos.

The first tune was my favorite and a good opener for you all. What kind of pick up are you using in your J-50. Just curious as my main guitar is a 48 J-45 and I have debated installing a pick up.

Your recording gives a pretty good sound of what I might expect if I do the same. Thanks for sharing.

Well Done! Nice duo and good tunes. I really enjoyed listening to all 23 minutes. I like this kind of music and enjoyed the sound of two different guitars and your use of keys and capos.

The first tune was my favorite and a good opener for you all. What kind of pick up are you using in your J-50. Just curious as my main guitar is a 48 J-45 and I have debated installing a pick up.

Your recording gives a pretty good sound of what I might expect if I do the same. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the kind words, RD. I've got a K&K Mini plugged into a Red Eye Preamp. The monitor sound was a bit more resonant sounding to me than what I hear through the Cable Access TV feed on the video, probably due to limitations of the equipment. Would love to see some photos of your '48 J-45!

Archived