Gibson Brands Forums

Country musician Troy Gentry killed in N.J. helicopter crash

jaxson50

Another sad day,

"It is with great sadness that we confirm Troy Gentry, half of the popular country duo Montgomery Gentry, was tragically killed in a helicopter crash which took place at approximately 1:00pm today in Medford, New Jersey," the band posted on Twitter Friday afternoon.

It was not immediately known what caused the crash, with only partly cloudy weather forecast.

The 50-year-old Gentry and his musical partner Eddie Montgomery formed their group in the late 1990s, and have repeatedly been nominated for awards by the Country Music Association after hits such as “My Town.”

Montgomery Gentry’s concert at the Flying W Airport was cancelled about an hour after the crash, before news of Gentry’s death broke.

Montgomery was not on the helicopter, according to WLEX in Gentry's hometown of Lexington, Ky.

This is a developing story and will be updated.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/music/celebrity/country-musician-troy-gentry-killed-in-nj-helicopter-crash/ar-AArwtkw?li=BBnbfcL

And Don Williams has died too. I don't know that I have heard Montgomery and Gentry (though I have heard of them). But I do love Don Williams...

IMHO, Montgomery/Gentry was "new country" but Don Williams? C'mon, they don't come any better than that. Sad day indeed.

Archived