Gibson Brands Forums

How many ES VOS guitars are made each year?

Mattaus

Hi,

I recently purchased an amazing 2016 1961 ES-330TD Figured VOS and was wondering how many of these would have been made. I live in Australia and am pretty sure that there were only a handful of them imported into the country last year so was hoping some of you may have an idea of how many are usually made.

Thanks for your assistance :)

Matt

• 4 weeks later...

All true "VOS" versions, are generally Custom Shop, or Custom Shop "Historic!"

All true VOS are generally???? Can't be "all" and "generally".

The last couple years there are a lot of VOS that are Gibson Memphis, not custom shop, so.........

Generally, speaking in general will generally get one in general trouble, generally speaking.

All true VOS are generally???? Can't be "all" and "generally".

The last couple years there are a lot of VOS that are Gibson Memphis, not custom shop, so.........

Generally, speaking in general will generally get one in general trouble, generally speaking.

A bit of a curmudgeonly reply to Charlie if I might say so.

None of us as "ordinary players" are likely to know the answer to your question. Gibson will know so Charlie's advice to contact their customer service is appropriate...generally.

Hi,

Thanks for your responses. I did email Gibson Customer Service as recommended and this was their reply (in regards to the 2016 1961 ES-330 VOS):

"This model does not seem to be a limited run, so there is no record of the total number produced."

Interesting response...

Hi,

Thanks for your responses. I did email Gibson Customer Service as recommended and this was their reply (in regards to the 2016 1961 ES-330 VOS):

"This model does not seem to be a limited run, so there is no record of the total number produced."

Interesting response...

It is interesting from many angles. Of course, I don't believe it. Indeed, the idea of a company not knowing how many paperclips they have produced is absurd beyond belief.

I emailed Customer Service again to double check and they replied that the only time Gibson has production numbers available, is when a pre-set number is announced when a model is released. I don't mind how many were made, it would just be interesting to find out and it's strange they don't release the numbers made for all models.

Archived