Gibson Brands Forums

Imgur?

JAC

Imgur?

Hmmmm........

:unsure:

Imgur used the edge of her spatula to fine-chop a clove of garlic.

The butter began to sizzle a bit, and so she dropped the garlic into the iron pot, and a glorious aroma arose into the small, cramped kitchen.

The old woman spoke from the doorway. "Miroase minunat, Imgur. Mama ta ar fi mândră de ceea ce a devenit un bucătar bun."

"Please, Bunică. Try your English. We are no longer in Romania, and we must adapt to our new home country now."

Imgur's grandmother hesitated, and tried again. "You are such the good, eh, cook, young one. Your mother would be made the proud."

"Thank you, mother of my mother!" Imgur smiled. "It's too bad she never lived long enough to see this new place, and to enjoy the opportunities we have here."

She paused, and added some chopped scallions to the pot.

"I do miss her."

Bunică uttered, "To be the sure, she would not enjoy that attention and favors that you are enduring here and now, from the young men. They are so much beating down the door for your smile and your company."

Imgur grinned, "Like my mother before me, and you so on back in Sibiu. Grandfather tells me that you were the most beautiful girl in the village, and that all the boys were in competing for your kisses."

"Such a story teller, that one! He exasperates!!"

"Exaggerates, you mean to say, grandmother."

"Yes, and anyway, you know that Gheorghe Iliescu was the only boy who ever stole a kiss from these lips. And here he is 60 years later, making the snores from his easy chair, enough to wake the devil himself!"

Imgur paused to listen to the rumbling from the living room beyond the hallway. "Yes, he is quite loud, that om batran."

Bunică finally leaned forward, and expressed that which she came to say.

"Imgur, I have been reading the guitar conversants on the computer. Can you tell an old woman, who is this JAC, and why does he want to use you so?"

The girl blushed. "He's just a friend, grandmother. He's frustrated because he couldn't get me to work for him. It's a long story."

"And so now he resorts to badgering other girls? Phoghta Buquet and 'BB'? He is very much a rascal, that one. You should be wary."

"I'll be careful, grandmother." She poured the chicken stock into the pot, and gave it a stir with the spatula.

"Do not to worry. You know that I am saving myself for the right one, and someday I will be blessed with love and marriage, just like you and grandpa have."

The old woman brightened, and kissed Imgur on the forehead. "You should just make sure that your logodnică does not snore so, then you will be truly the blessed one!"

"Ha ha ha, yes!"

Imgur turned down the heat, and covered the pot. "So, would you walk to the market with me? This supa de pui cu taitei requires some dumplings, and I fear I am having no ingredients to make them."

"Yes, let us călătorie to market. I'll get our jackets, it looks like the rain."

Imgur turned the stove off, set the cooking pot to the side, and accompanied the elder eroină out the door and into the cool and drizzly morning.

:)

il_340x270.1257584731_sonc.jpg

Imgur?

Hmmmm........

:unsure:

Imgur used the edge of her spatula to fine-chop a clove of garlic.

The butter began to sizzle a bit, and so she dropped the garlic into the iron pot, and a glorious aroma arose into the small, cramped kitchen.

The old woman spoke from the doorway. "Miroase minunat, Imgur. Mama ta ar fi mândră de ceea ce a devenit un bucătar bun."

"Please, Bunică. Try your English. We are no longer in Romania, and we must adapt to our new home country now."

Imgur's grandmother hesitated, and tried again. "You are such the good, eh, cook, young one. Your mother would be made the proud."

"Thank you, mother of my mother!" Imgur smiled. "It's too bad she never lived long enough to see this new place, and to enjoy the opportunities we have here."

She paused, and added some chopped scallions to the pot.

"I do miss her."

Bunică uttered, "To be the sure, she would not enjoy that attention and favors that you are enduring here and now, from the young men. They are so much beating down the door for your smile and your company."

Imgur grinned, "Like my mother before me, and you so on back in Sibiu. Grandfather tells me that you were the most beautiful girl in the village, and that all the boys were in competing for your kisses."

"Such a story teller, that one! He exasperates!!"

"Exaggerates, you mean to say, grandmother."

"Yes, and anyway, you know that Gheorghe Iliescu was the only boy who ever stole a kiss from these lips. And here he is 60 years later, making the snores from his easy chair, enough to wake the devil himself!"

Imgur paused to listen to the rumbling from the living room beyond the hallway. "Yes, he is quite loud, that om batran."

Bunică finally leaned forward, and expressed that which she came to say.

"Imgur, I have been reading the guitar conversants on the computer. Can you tell an old woman, who is this JAC, and why does he want to use you so?"

The girl blushed. "He's just a friend, grandmother. He's frustrated because he couldn't get me to work for him. It's a long story."

"And so now he resorts to badgering other girls? Phoghta Buquet and 'BB'? He is very much a rascal, that one. You should be wary."

"I'll be careful, grandmother." She poured the chicken stock into the pot, and gave it a stir with the spatula.

"Do not to worry. You know that I am saving myself for the right one, and someday I will be blessed with love and marriage, just like you and grandpa have."

The old woman brightened, and kissed Imgur on the forehead. "You should just make sure that your logodnică does not snore so, then you will be truly the blessed one!"

"Ha ha ha, yes!"

Imgur turned down the heat, and covered the pot. "So, would you walk to the market with me? This supa de pui cu taitei requires some dumplings, and I fear I am having no ingredients to make them."

"Yes, let us călătorie to market. I'll get our jackets, it looks like the rain."

Imgur turned the stove off, set the cooking pot to the side, and accompanied the elder eroină out the door and into the cool and drizzly morning.

il_340x270.1257584731_sonc.jpg

After reading this, I really appreciate your creative input here. Thanks!

After reading this, I really appreciate your creative input here. Thanks!

Thank you, JAC.

A writer finds inspiration in the smaller things, and your original posting gave me plenty inspiration this morning.

Songwriting is much the same way.

Many is the time that you'll hear an off-hand comment or remark from somebody, and think, "Man. That could be a song title, or a song lyric."

I'm sure I have posted this before, but oh well. My memory is terrible.

Just in case I haven't;

I was traveling on some work-related business a few years ago, and at the end of a very long, hard day, a bunch of us found ourselves enjoying a really nice dinner and good cold beers, served by some really awesome waitresses and bartenders.

My buddy clinked beer glasses with me, and said, "This sure don't suck."

Strangely enough, that stuck with me.

A night or two later, I wrote a tiny portion of what could be a good song some day.

The story is, this guy hooks up with a girl, and she talks non-stop while he remains relatively silent.

They have sex, and she continues the non-stop chatter, laying there in bed together.

She finally natters on in the direction of “what are you thinking, why don’t you engage in conversation with what, what is going on in your mind, how do you feel about being here with me, and what do you think about the sex we just had”?

He’s a cowboy (or a typical southern man, whatever), and he is typically not fond of using a lot of words, or expressing his emotions. But he’s sort of trapped here, so he has to say SOMETHING, right?

He finally responds:

http://chirb.it/2wA2wG

This sure don’t suck

this ain’t so bad

Well I’ve had worse

and I’m so glad

That you’re not talking right now

I’d sure like a nap

thanks for a good time

hope you don’ t mind

This sure don’t suck

[crying]

...A writer finds inspiration in the smaller things...Songwriting is much the same way...

How true. I just finished the lyrics to an idea from a recent thread on another forum (Forgot my grocery store list), and have written songs from similar sources like "Daytime Saving Time Blues" after someone was b-itching about the inconvenience of changing clocks, etc., and without a doubt a great hit in "Went to my local Walmart". Amazing where you can find inspiration! As McCarney once said (paraphrasing here) "Once you have a title..."

Edit: apologies to the OP for the hijack

How true. I just finished the lyrics to an idea from a recent thread on another forum (Forgot my grocery store list), and have written songs from similar sources like "Daytime Saving Time Blues" after someone was b-itching about the inconvenience of changing clocks, etc., and without a doubt a great hit in "Went to my local Walmart". Amazing where you can find inspiration! As McCarney once said (paraphrasing here) "Once you have a title..."

Edit: apologies to the OP for the hijack

Ha ha ha ha!!

I don't think JAC would wish for an apology.

This sort of conversation is what web forums are all about!!

Archived