Gibson Brands Forums

Robert Keeley & Me Last Night at My House

RevDavidLee

21728089_1636915903025195_733131720231389067_n.jpg?oh=24047a84f1fa456076a115698b5f6255&oe=5A1A5A10

The man himself stopped by for dinner last evening on his way to Michigan to attend his Dad's wedding. He brought his lovely wife Lisa with him & we and my better half had steaks on the grill & famous Iowa Sweet Corn. Yum! Then we headed for the studio. What a blast. Robert never comes empty handed and brought me his new Super Mod Workstation - WHOA! An absolute astounding amount of tonal warfare in one box :o Take time to check out some of the YouTube videos on this outstanding piece of gear!

Workstation_Series_Super_Mod_Workstation_Face.jpg

I've known Robert since 2002 when I bought my very first "boutique" pedal (his 2 knob compressor) & although we chat up gear all the time - the last time I saw him in person was back in 2006 when we hooked up in Kansas City to see Rob Balducci in concert. The day after we hit some music gear stores including the Musicians Friend warehouse where I latched on to an SG Supreme which I still have :)

13331087_1162983953751728_9220683924657351200_n.jpg?oh=b225b61cc89a3ce572590e6873b9186b&oe=5A5D0835

Robert is an absolute genius & over the past 16 years his effects have evolved into some of the best tonal warfare on the planet. He is genuinely one of the nicest people I have ever met. He's down to earth, has no ego whatsoever, very personable & fun to hang out with. His wife is equally wonderful and warm & it was a memorable evening with very memorable people. It was great & my next trip will be to Edmond Oklahoma to tour the new factory. Good times! [thumbup]

Robert is an absolute genius & over the past 16 years his effects have evolved into some of the best tonal warfare on the planet.

It has been interesting to watch his stuff evolve into the very complex stuff he is building now. While I generally preach simplicity, I am absolutely in love with the Monterey I got a year ago - Hendrix in a box as long as you have a Marshall to run it through. I have and have even though about the Gilmour in a box one too. Need it like a hole in the head, but I'm just so knocked out by the Monterey.

It has been interesting to watch his stuff evolve into the very complex stuff he is building now. While I generally preach simplicity, I am absolutely in love with the Monterey I got a year ago - Hendrix in a box as long as you have a Marshall to run it through. I have and have even though about the Gilmour in a box one too. Need it like a hole in the head, but I'm just so knocked out by the Monterey.

I hear ya! I bought this one when they came out. These are stunning pedals! [thumbup]

keeley_monterey-special_001.jpg

21728089_1636915903025195_733131720231389067_n.jpg?oh=24047a84f1fa456076a115698b5f6255&oe=5A1A5A10

The man himself stopped by for dinner last evening on his way to Michigan to attend his Dad's wedding. He brought his lovely wife Lisa with him & we and my better half had steaks on the grill & famous Iowa Sweet Corn. Yum! Then we headed for the studio. What a blast. Robert never comes empty handed and brought me his new Super Mod Workstation - WHOA! An absolute astounding amount of tonal warfare in one box :o Take time to check out some of the YouTube videos on this outstanding piece of gear!

Workstation_Series_Super_Mod_Workstation_Face.jpg

I've known Robert since 2002 when I bought my very first "boutique" pedal (his 2 knob compressor) & although we chat up gear all the time - the last time I saw him in person was back in 2006 when we hooked up in Kansas City to see Rob Balducci in concert. The day after we hit some music gear stores including the Musicians Friend warehouse where I latched on to an SG Supreme which I still have :)

13331087_1162983953751728_9220683924657351200_n.jpg?oh=b225b61cc89a3ce572590e6873b9186b&oe=5A5D0835

Robert is an absolute genius & over the past 16 years his effects have evolved into some of the best tonal warfare on the planet. He is genuinely one of the nicest people I have ever met. He's down to earth, has no ego whatsoever, very personable & fun to hang out with. His wife is equally wonderful and warm & it was a memorable evening with very memorable people. It was great & my next trip will be to Edmond Oklahoma to tour the new factory. Good times! [thumbup]

Nice SG... Looks like my Les Paul [thumbup]

I hear ya! I bought this one when they came out. These are stunning pedals! [thumbup]

keeley_monterey-special_001.jpg

[thumbup] I'm using an expression pedal with mine too to tweak the speed of the vibe. Very versatile pedal. The autowah is sick too. A lot of times multi-trick ponies are lacking, but this one does a lot of things really well! The fuzz part is... well, it's not my favorite fuzz - but it's pretty awesome. Of course I have Si version not the Germ. Maybe I need to get the germ version too... will it ever stop? [crying]

Also I'd add that the thing is so fun to tweak that I can't leave it on the floor. I have it up on an elevated board in front of me, so I can switch sounds in and out and knob twiddle.

What a great gift!

I like that with his newer stuff he's doing what he can to lower prices. Nothings cheap in the UK, but it really does help with convincing the other half that its okay to splurge on gear once in a while with all these price reductions. Now if only the other great builders would follow

Just kidding, it's a line from movies and sitcoms from the 80s, it's not that funny but I say it when I see pics of people for the first time.

I am 5'7", just about everybody is taller than me.

I got it. Though I had an advantage since you've used it on me before. And I'm not taller (or shorter) than you. [biggrin]

Just kidding, it's a line from movies and sitcoms from the 80s, it's not that funny but I say it when I see pics of people for the first time.

I am 5'7", just about everybody is taller than me.

Oh duh. :) Reminds of Patrick Swayze in Road House - they said "I thought you'd be bigger" :)

Sorry I didn't get it off the get go. =;

Archived