Gibson Brands Forums

HNTD!!

Digger

I still can't figure out what the Y stands for... I woulda thought it was a Happy New Tractor Day... Maybe it's a lost in translation thing.

That looks like a machine that will work hard for a lotta years though. Congrats.

Scalesie is right, fat fingers, otherwise known as Oops!

Hopefully it's going to keep me gainfully employed for quite a while now. I have a list of things to do that you couldn't jump over and hopefully this little number will allow me to do stuff my back won't allow otherwise.

2 weeks is gonna seem like an eternity!!

fat fingers?

Very nice - looks quite like the old man's Kubota only about 30 years newer! [laugh]

Rock (but not roll) on Dig!

Thanks mate I'll be trying not to roll and the ROPS should keep me alive if I do.

Kioti is Sth Korean and is Daedong which has a great rep like Kubota. I just hope the parts are cheaper!!

I can almost pension out my old Kubota now or at least give it light duties pulling a trailer.

I'm gonna be in Digger heaven on that little beauty!!

I could REALLY use one of those right now. Its going to be impossible not to have fun with that.

Maybe you should be Excavator now? ;)

I might be visiting Britain next year briefly but not sure they will allow a "Coyote" in my carry on luggage~

Well I am sure it is the right thing and will save you much effort.

Worth the money for that, expect you can change the pickups on it too! [smile]

It's only got one pickup but it's a bloody ripper!!

Not only "picks" up but puts down too...Grin~

A quick walk around yesterday shows enough work to keep me going for the next 2 years I reckon and guess what?

I'm excited!

• 4 weeks later...

Where's this tractor then?

:-k[confused]

Pics!

The 2 week delivery time has edged out to 4 weeks now and the dealer has it in a crate in town but there are 3 jobs this week before mine apparently.

Last estimate was delivery to me Friday but best not hang on that and so I really expect it sometime next week.

It seems a long, long wait! I have paddocks full of long grass and there are uncontrolled bushfires about 40 minutes north of us so you can imagine how keen I am to clean the place up before it gets too dangerous, cant you?

OTOH I did some practice with my Go Pro on a chest harness a friend sent me to trial that for the tractor jobs after I learn to use it. I did the lawns yesterday and shot some stoltifyingly boring footage of me going a around in ever diminishing circles muttering "Damn Rabbits" whenever I hit a patch of diggings~

The harness works though and hopefully I will record my "adventures" tractorwise for your amusement!

Thanks for asking.

Nice. Looks like you'll be having some fun! I grew up a city boy. Now I live in the beautiful Cascade mountain foothills. We only have a few acres but we need a tractor for all the maintenance. I have a little Kubota. Spent the last few days putting in new garden beds, moved the chicken coup, etc, etc, getting ready for winter. I'll never live in a city again. Green Acres is the place to be... msp_biggrin.gif

Well it arrived @11 am as arranged and we spent 45 minutes on a walk around and then tentative steps for me in the drivers seat!!

Pretty strange at first especially the FEL but after the bloke went I had time to drive it around and get to know the controls a bit better. (lots of them)

After lunch I set about sampling it's capabilities with a range of jobs I had queued up. Just samples mind, to see if the tractor (and I) could do them.

Firstly I pushed a heap of dead blackberry canes out...easy peasy! Then I had a block of wood ready to get pushed under a big downed tree, I wanted it pushed under to support the trunk when I cut it from the rootball. Done in one go....happy with that! Then I grabbed a chunk of wood I've already cut off but left because it was too heavy to lift. Caught in the jaws of the loader I carried it to my wood stack and dropped it on the pile and the only thing that worked hard was my foot on the accelerator.

I tried pushing smaller felled trees around and can see that is going to work to a degree, then I tried pushing ti tree out and managed to knock a lot over. Returning later with a slasher on the back, knocking them over and skittling them with the slasher seems to be the answer for the smaller bushes.

I grabbeda bucket full of gravel and took it up to the start of entrance and tried to metre the gravel going out as i backed over the water damage but mastering that skill will be beyond me on day 1, so it ended up in 2 small piles which I dragged the bucket over filling in the low spots. Dead easy and once again no shovelling or wheel barrowing were encountered during the exercise!

Later I fitted my slasher and headed for the longest grass I could find and went through it without hardly changing revs! Slashing is gonna be a breeze now with power steering, short turn radius and some serious grass cutting grunt!!

Day 1 and we have a very happy Digger on his digger~

Here it is at home looking as flash as a rat with a gold tooth!!

21uYdJkl.jpg

Nice. Looks like you'll be having some fun! I grew up a city boy. Now I live in the beautiful Cascade mountain foothills. We only have a few acres but we need a tractor for all the maintenance. I have a little Kubota. Spent the last few days putting in new garden beds, moved the chicken coup, etc, etc, getting ready for winter. I'll never live in a city again. Green Acres is the place to be... msp_biggrin.gif

I'm yet to appreciate the full benefits of what I've got but looking forward to the journey!

My old Kubota has done a ton of work over the years and will be relegated to towing a trailer from now on which is the tractor equivalent of being put out to pasture~

Very nice mate!

If your pension paid for this then I'm pleased to see my (ridiculously excessive) tax contributing to something more worthy than unnecessary plebiscites and dysfunctional submarines.

Mostly my deceased mum Scalsie but rest assured we feel very lucky to have the support of the nation, and thank you for your contribution especially.

I did show some restraint and limiting myself to just a bar fridge passing on the A/C and big screen TV accessories~{

Congrats, orange looks nice but pity you couldn't get it in a sunburst finish... [biggrin]

Not a toy either methinks!

Now for some serious paddock-slashing (love that turn of phrase)....

[thumbup] [thumbup]

Congrats, orange looks nice but pity you couldn't get it in a sunburst finish... [biggrin]

Not a toy either methinks!

Now for some serious paddock-slashing (love that turn of phrase)....

[thumbup] [thumbup]

Yeah I'll be stuck into the paddock slashing this morning and tomorrow at least, then there are some spots I will come back to and do in detail. On my back boundary I have to remove a branch across the way as I cant get the ROPS bar under it without folding it down. I'll have to cart a ladder down and take a light chainsaw as I can't reach from the ground. Not as nimble as I used to be though!

I can't expect the Country Fire Authority blokes to defend this place in a fire attack, if I haven't done everything I can to prepare it. Also we are obliged to keep grass on boundaries down & clear for about 4 metres around the perimeter, so I slash them monthly from now until March. I do the whole place 3 or 4 times per year and mow 5 acres weekly for about 7 months of the year. I do a lot of grass....cough~

New equipment like this gives me the motivation to do EVERYTHING!!

Archived