Gibson Brands Forums

what/where is"Indonesia" ?

crust

According to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epiphone#Serial_numbers_and_factory_codes Epiphones made in Indonesia are manufactured at the Samick factory.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samick#Operations says that this site is located in Cileungsi, near Bogor, in West Java:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cileungsi

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bogor

Bali , hnmm Java interesting now we know :) thanks for the reply :)

right now, I'm quite satisfied, and relatively happy just being at home, enjoying...as well as I can . I never really traveled out of the US, only Eastern Canada, cape Brenton, gaspe, the islands off he east coast.. I did travel the country a few times when I was younger, My moms older sis, my auntie and uncle , resided in Portland OR. Took a few trips from Boston (approximate) to there, a few times. Stopped at several National Parks...yellowstone, Grand Canyon Mesa Verde, Tombstone, Lake Michigan Florida, Georgia, Louisiana , California. I lived in the mountains of Yosemite, when I was 18...hitched there summer '72 Lived at Berkeley was quite fun for me interesting...no true responsibilities...I was 18, traveled with a bud of mine, same age to visit other school friends who had relocated various places after graduating high school . :) :) Tampa Atlanta , Alexandria Louisiana hitched there. My parents liked to travel, a lot had a small house trailer lived and worked at a large lake , campground, in Maine hard work, cut ice, wood maintenance 1 was 14-17 summer job. Work took me all over the country...nuclear quality systems auditor. I don't like to fly gives me an earache/headache I bet it doesn't snow in Java...maybe I should look into it. I wonder if they'd hire an old, disabled manufacturing quality control engineer , mechanical inspector and systems auditor ? . He used to work pretty hard. :)

1959 :) :)

pVN6Rh2.jpg

1972 lol :)

bRpC2o3.jpg just got back from Yosemite :) lol oh to be young again :)

eusa_think.gifwink.gif

now you know a little bit more about "me" , my background...How about anyone else, care to share some fun stories...not too personal ? well if no, thanks anyways :) :)

1967 :)

YugnWKM.jpg

I don't have that one any more...played it until the neck fell off :) :( :) :) :) :(

I actually believe working , in some position , for Epiphone , might be quite fun. No worse than other manufacturing jobs I've held maybe :) I'm not "able bodied": ...bad back ...I can pass out weekly pay checks lol :) ...supervise...look at the "shop travelers" look at "yield" and "efficiency" reports, look for ways to "improve" quality of the product , statistical process control :) make $ maybe :) daydream a bit , maybe :) :) probably :)

I don't think you would make much money working for Epiphone in a foreign country. I suspect that the labor used there makes under a dollar an hour and likely close to a dollar a day. Any of those foreign places would be cool to visit though.

They do build a lot of bang for the buck!

probably "the most" maybe actually really.... imho :) . I would imagine, actually...that "they" actually know "they" are manufacturing some of the worlds finest guitars, every day...Even if I was making 0$ I'd be kind of "happy" too , maybe....definitely :)

msp_thumbup.gifmsp_cool.gifwink.gif

My semi-educated guess would be that half the people on Earth would earn less than a dollar an hour (many, much less) and probably three-quarters of families would have next to nothing left at the end of each day after feeding and housing themselves. An Epi is a pipe dream for most of our global brothers (what they'd make of people complaining about stuff here doesn't bear thinking about...).

To Crusty's question about travels, I'm slightly ashamed to say I've had very little in Asia - whilst it's becoming very popular for Aussies to go beyond the traditional Bali holiday and travel to Vietnam, Thailand etc, personally I've mainly flown over it. Apart from a few fun days in Hong Kong when I was young, my time in Asia has been limited to various stopovers at Kai Tak, Changi, Kuala Lumpur and Chep Lap Kok airports. Who knows in the future - some fascinating things and places to see if only we had the time...

My semi-educated guess would be that half the people on Earth would earn less than a dollar an hour (many, much less) and probably three-quarters of families would have next to nothing left at the end of each day after feeding and housing themselves. An Epi is a pipe dream for most of our global brothers (what they'd make of people complaining about stuff here doesn't bear thinking about...).

To Crusty's question about travels, I'm slightly ashamed to say I've had very little in Asia - whilst it's becoming very popular for Aussies to go beyond the traditional Bali holiday and travel to Vietnam, Thailand etc, personally I've mainly flown over it. Apart from a few fun days in Hong Kong when I was young, my time in Asia has been limited to various stopovers at Kai Tak, Changi, Kuala Lumpur and Chep Lap Kok airports. Who knows in the future - some fascinating things and places to see if only we had the time...

never enough :(

Archived