Gibson Brands Forums

NGD

Guitar God

Came in the mail today. As I posted, it's a Charvel. Been considering and wanting a Charvel on and off for years and finally decided tp pick on up after a couple of months of looking online. This one is a 1986 Chavel Model 4. The color is cobalt blue. Real dark blue. Looks black in the pics. This guitar looks pretty much brand new. ery well taken care of. Some obvious minor bruising due to its age, but it's pretty much near mint. Like I said, it looks brand new. Decided on an '86 because of the Kahler. In my opinion, they absolutely blow a Floyd Rose away. A lot easier to maintain and all that, in my opinion. This guitar has Jackson pickups, three mini on/off toggles for the pickups, and an active mid boost. Put new strings on it and played it and I'm liking it! Here are some pics - it's cobalt blue, but it looks black in the pics for some reason:

DrZf9kX.jpg

MOuU8RX.jpg

AFJWDhb.jpg

Came in the mail today. As I posted, it's a Charvel. Been considering and wanting a Charvel on and off for years and finally decided tp pick on up after a couple of months of looking online. This one is a 1986 Chavel Model 4. The color is cobalt blue. Real dark blue. Looks black in the pics. This guitar looks pretty much brand new. ery well taken care of. Some obvious minor bruising due to its age, but it's pretty much near mint. Like I said, it looks brand new. Decided on an '86 because of the Kahler. In my opinion, they absolutely blow a Floyd Rose away. A lot easier to maintain and all that, in my opinion. This guitar has Jackson pickups, three mini on/off toggles for the pickups, and an active mid boost. Put new strings on it and played it and I'm liking it! Here are some pics - it's cobalt blue, but it looks black in the pics for some reason:

DrZf9kX.jpg

MOuU8RX.jpg

AFJWDhb.jpg

I'm still in awe at how often I see a NGD thread from you! msp_lol.gif

My first electric was a red '87 Charvel Model 1 with a Floyd. I occasionally look for another one on eBay. I wish I hadn't ruined the one I had. Nice find! [thumbup]

My first electric was a red '87 Charvel Model 1 with a Floyd. I occasionally look for another one on eBay. I wish I hadn't ruined the one I had. Nice find! [thumbup]

Thanks! This one looks pretty much brand new. One thing that surprises me is that this guitar is just as heavy as my Les Pauls, believe it or not, and it's a basswood guitar, I believe. I know they used both basswood and poplar on certain models in the Model series. Nice! There is a black '87 Model 1 on eBay right now for around $350 - $400. Check it out!

I've said it before and I'll say it again..........to me, the Charvel Model series is by far one of the most "bang for your buck" guitars ever....

I've owned probably a dozen of them over the years and love them. I still have one mint one that I keep around.

Nice find!!!

NHTom

Saw that one, but I'll wait as long as it takes for a super nice red one. The shade of red they used was stunning!

There is actually a matching Charvel Model 1 guitar and bass set on Reverb for $800. Both red. Don't know if you seen that or not. I think both are from '87.

I've said it before and I'll say it again..........to me, the Charvel Model series is by far one of the most "bang for your buck" guitars ever....

I've owned probably a dozen of them over the years and love them. I still have one mint one that I keep around.

Nice find!!!

NHTom

Thanks! This one is built like a tank. One thing that surprises me is that this guitar is just as heavy as my Les Pauls and it's basswood! I know they used both basswood and poplar on certain models of the Model series. Which one do you still have laying around?

Archived