Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson les paul vs Gibson dc

lolo_guitar

hi

i saw a video and it showed that the sound of a LP was better (warmer) with a lp which would not be a double cutaway version

so, for the money and the sound, we must accept that it won't be as easy as a SG to play with

but it will sound good :)

for me it's an impossible choice

i prefer the sg

but if a LP can only sound good with a single cut format ok ok

a beautiful example of someone who has nothing to say

no arguments

no idea

and merely cites others to laugh at them with stupid irony from teenagers : facebook attitude

we call it a troll

You've posted this topic before or at least one similar to it about how great a double cut guitar is and how you want a Les Paul double cut with the fast access heel. I find that my Les Pauls have great sound and that they're very easy for me to play, even at the higher frets. People have their preferences and some people post their opinions on the internet with their videos. When comparing guitars, I just go out there and play them and decide for myself, rather than asking others. After all, it's me who is going to be playing the guitar and not them. It doesn't matter if I see 1000 videos with people giving their opinions on how Gibson Les Pauls aren't as good as X guitar. I don't really care. It's up to me to try them out and make up my own mind. I did and I subsequently bought one. Then bought another.

Good luck in your search. People have had no issues playing Les Pauls for a few decades now. Some like them, others don't. Perhaps if you could elaborate on your findings and experiences and make them clear and to the point, along with any questions you may have, you might get better results. Again, good luck.

a beautiful example of someone who has nothing to say

no arguments

no idea

Really? You think so? Well, here's an idea for you;

Stop watching video clips which show self-professed "experts" who have lots to say.

Get off your arse and head off down to your nearest guitar shop and simply play a bunch of Les Pauls; SG's; 335's; anything else they let you get your hands on.

Play the guitars for a long time. A LONG TIME.

Listen to the guitars.

Make up your own mind about how things sound.

Until you do all of the above you will continue to be an utterly ignorant fool who gets all his "knowledge and information" second-hand from the "experience" of others.

P.

Okay, somebody has to ask:

Lolo_guitar, not to heap any more gasoline onto the fire, but is English, by any chance, not your native language?

I really don't mean to offend with that question, but it's a legitimate one.

Your phrasing and the odd, stilted manner of your sentence structure and meandering delivery;

It makes reading your postings a truly head-scratching experience.

[crying]

Okay, somebody has to ask:

Lolo_guitar, not to heap any more gasoline onto the fire, but is English, by any chance, not your native language?

I really don't mean to offend with that question, but it's a legitimate one.

Your phrasing and the odd, stilted manner of your sentence structure and meandering delivery;

It makes reading your postings a truly head-scratching experience.

[crying]

I'm fairly certain that English isn't his native language. That could be causing some of the issues with the confusion and misunderstanding. But to post the same sort of things every couple of months is a bit aggravating.

If LP which would not be a doublecut is warmer, then is SG which would be a doublecut colder

and would LP which is doublecut be lukewarm,

cos I can't get lukewarm unless in the middle position

But they don't come in tv yellow anymore ? [cursing]

i remember that i talked to a luthier : a great man

i don't know where he is now

he was in the USA

for every questions i had he had a smart answer he was always nice

no trolling,no troll man and his fans, no arrogant, no irony or stupid answers

he did not spend and waste his time quoting the others because he always had something interesting to say

so he was never in irony or other for those who have nothing to say

for every guitar, he helped me

for every pickups, wood, he knew everything

i hope he is still there but problems with the weather so i don't know if he is always here

the difference is that he had more than 30 years of experience and he was not immature in music

so he did not say "go and test it in store" or stupid irony, mockery, jealousy or other

if you send a message to Gibson company, they said to try it in a shop too lol very interesting ! lol

about the dc vs lp : why not? if it's a good model so not like the last one (because of the price )

Guest Farnsbarns

i remember that i talked to a luthier : a great man

i don't know where he is now

he was in the USA

for every questions i had he had a smart answer he was always nice

no trolling,no troll man and his fans, no arrogant, no irony or stupid answers

he did not spend and waste his time quoting the others because he always had something interesting to say

so he was never in irony or other for those who have nothing to say

for every guitar, he helped me

for every pickups, wood, he knew everything

i hope he is still there but problems with the weather so i don't know if he is always here

the difference is that he had more than 30 years of experience and he was not immature in music

so he did not say "go and test it in store" or stupid irony, mockery, jealousy or other

if you send a message to Gibson company, they said to try it in a shop too lol very interesting ! lol

about the dc vs lp : why not? if it's a good model so not like the last one (because of the price )

You're incapable of independent thought. Bugger off and find this luthier, or anyone else who will tell you what you want to hear. Don't get angry because you're not hearing what you want. If that's the way you are stop asking or ask at the places you'll get the answer you want. Frankly, you're so illiterate I don't even know what you're asking in this particular thread.

Why do you come here?

Lolo..

I'm going to tell you the truth.. I'm not lying like some of the other guys here B)

YES the single cut standard Les Paul IS warmer sounding than the DC LP guitars...

the reason is the Cream binding..

Cream makes everything more mellow...

combined with the regular LP has more wood on the upper bout (since it's not removed like the DC LP is) it therefore has more of the special cream binding to make it even warmer.

I'm sure there is a YouTube video out there to prove I'm right,, just Google it.

Glad to help

Cheers

Archived