Gibson Brands Forums

Crying

rbpicker

Here is a tune I used to do, and thought I'd try it one more time before I got too old (that ship may have sailed already). Anyway, I used my J45 standard, which I keep tuned down a half step (thankfully). It's played in the C position. Otherwise, my ears would probably burst into flames trying to sing it nowadays.

Just to think that Roy did it in D in all natural voice, with no falsetto. Wow, what a talent he was.

There a few blurps here and there, but...oh well. Hope it's passable. Thanks for listening.

Roger

Yeah, it's passable, Roger. Nice job! And, it takes guts to even attempt any song of Roy's, let alone that song. So you get a strong handshake from me on it.. Roy Orbison, will always be my favorite. I appreciate your effort and ability.

Roger, great job...as Hall said, anybody that attempts to cover anything that Orbison did has got a big set of cojones.....

As an aside, after watching your video, I'm sure we've met somewhere, I'm from the Detroit area, and you sure seem very familiar to me. Maybe at one of the local shops? Maybe I bought or sold some gear from you?

Thanks fellas for taking the time to check this out and commenting. Joe M...its quite possible we've met. I frequent most of the shops, and have done some open mics in the Royal Oak, Ferndale, Southfield area. You no longer live in this area?

Roger

Well, thank you folks for taking the time to listen and comment. I appreciate it very much. Kinda scary putting yourself out there. You never know how it's going to be received. Unlike doing a gig, there is no way to gauge audience reaction in real time.

Roger

Archived