Gibson Brands Forums

Renaissance Fair

LPguitarman

That's too cool. I went to a couple fairs way back when I first married. Lots of entertainment and fun. Where do you find the armor they wear? That can't be cheap. My wife didn't want to go to any more fairs when some old gals in the fair kept following me all over playing the prostitute parts. They were filthy stunk and well looked the part. I thought it was funny and was Laughing but Deb was ticked at them. Lol, it's just part of the show.

That's awesome!

I've been to one Renaissance Fair in my day—in Sterling Forest in upstate NY—many years ago. I bought a Celtic amulet at one of the "sutler" tents... and I swear it brought me a string of good luck soon thereafter! [wink]

Anyway, you're son is living a childhood fantasy of mine. When not wishing I could be Zorro or The Lone Ranger, I wanted to be a Knight! [laugh]

Here's a picture of my son Anthony in his Full Armor at the Renaissance Fair. We went last Saturday and had a great time. Saw some jousting and many vendor shops, along with some entertainment.

21462872_10154681483311290_789550610638077076_n.jpg

Impressive suit of armour. I'd have done anything for something like that when I was a kid!

Only one thing missing. He needs a horse ;)

That's too cool. I went to a couple fairs way back when I first married. Lots of entertainment and fun. Where do you find the armor they wear? That can't be cheap. My wife didn't want to go to any more fairs when some old gals in the fair kept following me all over playing the prostitute parts. They were filthy stunk and well looked the part. I thought it was funny and was Laughing but Deb was ticked at them. Lol, it's just part of the show.

He bought all of his armor on-line. Has has several swords too. He's really getting into it, and yes, it is very expensive. He has already spent several thousand dollars. I told him he needs to buy a car first, aside from that he could be buying musical gear.

Guest Farnsbarns

We were tempted to walk behind him clacking coconut shells together. [flapper]

Oh, there's a monty python joke in there somewhere.

On another note, did you know that if you cut a horse in half and bang the two halves together it sounds like a coconut?

Mostly the cleavage.

Quick story...

We used to take our 8th grade students to the local Medieval Faire every year. One year this rather gregarious kid spent the whole day offering each lusty wench a dollar for a quick feel of the cleavage. He spent and fair amount of money that day - and well spent for a teenage boy I'd imagine. [biggrin]

Quick story...

We used to take our 8th grade students to the local Medieval Faire every year. One year this rather gregarious kid spent the whole day offering each lusty wench a dollar for a quick feel of the cleavage. He spent and fair amount of money that day - and well spent for a teenage boy I'd imagine. [biggrin]

oh sure! i bet YOU were that 12 yr old boy! hahahaha

i agree though, you have to admire his wits

Archived