Gibson Brands Forums

Digger's Swimming Hole Buddies

SteveFord

https://www.yahoo.com/news/100-old-monster-crocodile-shot-082406399.html

Shame someone shot it, that is one majestic animal.

Yeah he was a big old boys wasn't he and it is a shame for him to be killed!

Probably killed by some drunk young bloke for bragging rights. With a bit of luck with that mentality a clip will appear on facebook and they will catch & prosecute him.

It looks like it will take a while for the heirachy to sort itself out there so it would be a good place to stay away from for a while.

Of course I've got a bigger Croc than that in my dam!

It's there to control the sharks~

qp3ryNXl.jpg

Whatever the original video is, I can't watch it.

I am in full support of my buddies who hunt for food to provide for their families, but I can't abide the killing of innocent animals and reptiles for sport.

I am that guy, the one who rescues bugs and spiders from inside, and sets them outside in the wet grass, so that they may have a chance to live.

I am also that guy who stops traffic to rescue a turtle from an unfortunate and ill-advised road-crossing.

Man.

[crying]

Whatever the original video is, I can't watch it.

I am in full support of my buddies who hunt for food to provide for their families, but I can't abide the killing of innocent animals and reptiles for sport.

I am that guy, the one who rescues bugs and spiders from inside, and sets them outside in the wet grass, so that they may have a chance to live.

I am also that guy who stops traffic to rescue a turtle from an unfortunate and ill-advised road-crossing.

Man.

[crying]

We're on the same wavelength my friend though the exception for me is rabbits. They are an introduced species here and are doing enormous damage! I'm required to control pests and weeds on the property here by the shire.

Just call me Elmer~

That must be amazing to be able to go outside and see something like that huge saltwater crocodile or that Lace Monitor who wanted to eat your bait.

My yard always has a couple of rabbits running around who've made themselves right at home but we're not over run with them.

Their natural enemies appear to be cats and SUVs.

i like animals as much as the next guy. but i value people over animals. be advised that this is what can happen, because of people doing what you're doing:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/canadian-woman-prison-time-duck-car-crash-article-1.2051060

2 people died over some ducks. i understand the woman was trying to do a good thing. but the road to hell is paved with good intentions. stop stopping for turtles.

That must be amazing to be able to go outside and see something like that huge saltwater crocodile or that Lace Monitor who wanted to eat your bait.

My yard always has a couple of rabbits running around who've made themselves right at home but we're not over run with them.

I see something like that in my back yard I'm whipping out my AR-15. I'm in Iowa though & we're not supposed to see things like that in our backyards [biggrin]

Says the crocodile was 80-100 years old. Majestic, as the op says.

Crocodiles were around with the dinosaurs and will probably outlast men. One of evolution's most successful designs.

Oh poo!

My fat finger hit the wrong spot when I was trying to give a plus!

Can somebody olease fix it for me?

Steve the Crocs are found up north right at the top of the country and of course I'm only joking about having them down here (I'm right down the bottom of the country)

Big goannas are in this area though but a little more east than we are. They're not a problem at all other than the one that had me baled up on the jetty that is. Grin~

The photo I put up of a Croc I took when we were on a cruise on the Yellow River in the NT. Kakadu is an amazingly beautiful and interesting place and we are keen to go back there one day. There is no shortage of them in that area and in the NT generally. Fascinating place!

Rabbits are an introduced species here and are the biggest pests and problem to agriculture in this country. Dogs and foxes get them and so do "Diggers".

With all the hurricane flooding from Irma, a lot of my friends in the center of the state have alligators swimming in their yards currently. My parents had a fat water moccasin swim up their road too. He is now deceased.

Someone has a new belt?

Householders in Darwin get Crocs in their yards or pool from time to time too and they have to be removed. Recently we were in Cairns in far north Queensland and passed a small creek about a kilometre from where were were staying to be told that there had been dozens of Crocs removed from it over time! Bloody astounding as there were properties all around it inc large residential areas.

I guess it's just an adjustment you have to make to live in those places. Cairns is a beautiful & desirable place to live too!

We're on the same wavelength my friend though the exception for me is rabbits. They are an introduced species here and are doing enormous damage! I'm required to control pests and weeds on the property here by the shire.

Just call me Elmer~

Them and, in order to offend someone or just anyone, deer, foxes, brumbies (wild horses,) feral dogs and cats, pigs. For those, if they move, shoot 'em.

Them and, in order to offend someone or just anyone, deer, foxes, brumbies (wild horses,) feral dogs and cats, pigs. For those, if they move, shoot 'em.

Absolutely!

Though I won't shoot anything that belongs here (native) unless it's crook or in pain.

Archived