Gibson Brands Forums

gibson case

bemb

When you look at the cases in the gibson online area, they have a case that is designed like the old fender strat case called the

LES PAUL GOLD CASE, they are $219 but they ask you if you want it for (1) les paul less + or (2) les paul standard/classic/studio/traditional/deluxe, if i have a 2017 custom which one do i order, and what the heck is a "les paul less+" I have the case that came with the guitar and it has a custom plate on it and looks like it cost a heck of alot more than the gold case, but this gold case looks like it would protect the guitar better. thanks for your help!

The gold case you are referring to is not as good as what came with your guitar. The gold cases are what the 2015 models came in and they are not super sturdy in my opinion. That being said, they are better than gig bags but not as good as the standard Gibson cases.

The molded cases do not hold up, especially if the guitar is out at gigs a lot. The hinges will eventually get stressed and break, and with out getting into some ugly patch work, there's no good way to fix them.

Also in cold weather, the plastic gets brittle and can crack...

I think the standard "shaped" cases are the best choice always.

The molded cases do not hold up, especially if the guitar is out at gigs a lot. The hinges will eventually get stressed and break, and with out getting into some ugly patch work, there's no good way to fix them.

Also in cold weather, the plastic gets brittle and can crack...

I think the standard "shaped" cases are the best choice always.

Good point about the cold & plastics.

I have both types though. The 2015 gold and the regular shaped case.

I am sure the gold case has better structural integrity. Its about as good as a RIC case I think (except for latches). Also the Less+ will not fit anything other than its gold one!

Archived